Bix n Andy Trigger Shoes

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

wsftr

Bix n Andy Trigger Shoes

#1 Postby wsftr » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:35 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if the BnA 90 deg trigger shoe will fit into the the BnA trigger for the Barnard P?

What I have found is that the BnA Barnard Trigger shoe is set back (relative to the original Barnard P trigger) by about 12mm so my finger ends up quite bent.
I'm hoping the 90 deg shoe will correct this.

https://bulletcentral.com/product/bixn- ... escription

Any information or advice is appreciated.

Mistit

Re: Bix n Andy Trigger Shoes

#2 Postby Mistit » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi
Do you mind if I ask
Is the box and Andy still 12 mm further back than the Barnard even if the shoe is back on the Barnard trigger as far as it will go

The reason I ask is I’ve been thinking about the same trigger
Cheers in advance and sorry I couldn’t be any help to you

wsftr

#3 Postby wsftr » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:42 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. Is the Barnard P trigger adjustable in its position?
I've fond that the BnA bolts to the Barnard action fine but the shoe sits much further back, particularly with the curve in it and it sits much deeper into the stock so that the shoe touches the trigger guard.

Not the drop in I was after. Still its bloody nice and guaranteed to get me another 10 points at Nationals :wink:

Gyro

#4 Postby Gyro » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 pm

I would suggest just cut the shoe off and get it tig welded back on in the perfect place for you. The gun's gotta fit u, because that stuff matters a LOT ! Sorry if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs.

UL1700

#5 Postby UL1700 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Mistit wrote:Hi
Do you mind if I ask
Is the box and Andy still 12 mm further back than the Barnard even if the shoe is back on the Barnard trigger as far as it will go

The reason I ask is I’ve been thinking about the same trigger
Cheers in advance and sorry I couldn’t be any help to you

I have also been trying to get an answer to this and have had as many different answers as I have asked questions. I currently have my tiggers as far back as the guard will allow which is about one hole of maximum.

wsftr wrote:I'm not sure what you mean. Is the Barnard P trigger adjustable in its position?

Yes the blade is just pegged the the trigger and can be adjusted forward and backward.

wsftr

#6 Postby wsftr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:11 pm

When I get the trigger back I'll take some photos...be a little while though.

Gyro

#7 Postby Gyro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 am

wsftr wrote:When I get the trigger back I'll take some photos...be a little while though.

Look forward to that.

With my rifles I consider the ergonomic aspect really important. I have no qualms about just cutting off the trigger shoe and repositioning it to the perfect place for your hand. Even make a new better shaped shoe and fit that if u need to.

What actually happens is if your trigger hand is not comfortable then u end up loading up the grip ( normally badly ) with your trigger hand as you struggle to reach the trigger shoe to release the shot. This may not seem like a bad thing, and even though the scopes cross hairs are squarely on the target as u release the shot, the bullets path will be affected erratically by the stresses that will "unload" during the recoil pulse.

If you loaded up the grip - or any other part of the rifle - in the same way for each shot it wouldn't matter, but invariably u don't, hence the group size grows.

pjifl

#8 Postby pjifl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 am

Bigger trigger shoes were usually only of value with heavier triggers.

If you are going for a Bix and Andy trigger, and you intend to use it at a very light trigger weight, why on earth do you want a broader trigger shoe ? I would think it is a disadvantage.

OTOH if you are doing it to adjust the finger position it makes some sense.

But a heavy trigger shoe on an extremely light trigger increases the chances of an accidental discharge if the rifle is bumped.

Gyro

#9 Postby Gyro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:07 pm

pjifl wrote:Bigger trigger shoes were usually only of value with heavier triggers.

If you are going for a Bix and Andy trigger, and you intend to use it at a very light trigger weight, why on earth do you want a broader trigger shoe ? I would think it is a disadvantage.

OTOH if you are doing it to adjust the finger position it makes some sense.

But a heavy trigger shoe on an extremely light trigger increases the chances of an accidental discharge if the rifle is bumped.

I write above purely about the importance of setting up the rifle to fit the shooter. For those that dont shoot 'free recoil' it is especially important to set the rifle up to allow a comfortable natural body position. A lot could be written on this here to make it more understandable for the newer shooters.

I probably talk way too freely about "just cutting off the shoe and fitting another one". But thats exactly what Ive done to my 3 jewell triggers to make the gun fit me, so Im totally happy with it.

Having said all this I shoot F Class totally free recoil because I believe it's much easier to get more consistent accuracy, especially when the conditions get really tricky. I have field rifles I play with often and I hang onto them. Im waffling on here just to maybe pass on some info to the newer shooters.

And yes, a wider trigger shoe actually lessens the felt release weight and is probably not a good option on a light trigger.

RMc

#10 Postby RMc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 pm

The answer to the original question is NO. The trigger blades that you reference are for the TacSport model, this has a totally different spring setup to the one they sell for the barnard.

Richard

wsftr

#11 Postby wsftr » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:11 pm

RMc wrote:The answer to the original question is NO. The trigger blades that you reference are for the TacSport model, this has a totally different spring setup to the one they sell for the barnard.

Richard

Thanks Richard - plan B then.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”