6BR-AI loads wanted

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

willow

Re: 6BR-AI loads wanted

#31 Postby willow » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Frank Green wrote:
willow wrote:Frank, I'd give RL15 a run.

Willow, I do want to try some but haven't been able to source any locally at all. Will most likely have to order some from a distributor and have it shipped to me. If' I'm going to do that I try and get some of the guys to go in on a larger order to fill a bigger box because it doesn't matter if you buy one pound or 32 pounds of powder they hit you with a hazmat fee either way regardless.

I've got Varget and will load some of that and try it as well and see how that goes. I know I've used Varget for some fire forming loads and it shot excellent doing that as well.

Later, Frank

Yeah no probs Frank. I found Varget great for fireforming (95gr vlds worked brilliantly) but couldn't achieve the same accuracy once cases were formed, I found more success with RL15, but if its hard to come by, wait until you can get your hands on a decent supply - I haven't found it to be temp sensitive in this cartridge.

Fire Dog

Re: 6BR-AI loads wanted

#32 Postby Fire Dog » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:23 pm

Thank you to all the folks that responded to my query...
I have now broken in the new barrel as well as fire forming up my brass and will soon start to try out some of the load suggestions.
I had found that 28.5 gr of Bench Mark 2 behind Sierra 107's + CCI BR4 primers (Also lots cleaner burning than AR 2208) was going very well in the previous 6BR chamber of my rifle so I will start there and also start to look for some Reloader 15 as well as try some AR2206H.
I never could get the Berger 108s to perform as well as the Sierra 107s but with a new barrel and improved chamber perhaps I will give the last two boxes a go again.
Sorry about the delay in responding but things have been hectic and I only got the rifle back a week ago...
Cheers,
Fire Dog
PS: Cleavers has R15... But is is a long trip North of Brisbane to get there. Will be trying here on the Mid North Coast to see if I can source it...

Return to “Equipment & Technical”