Krico 223 Target Rifle

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

tom1

Krico 223 Target Rifle

#1 Postby tom1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:18 pm

I am after any information about a Krico 223 target rifle that I have. I cant find any model number on the action , only that it was made in Stuttgart Germany. It has a two lug bolt and a two stage trigger. Are parts still available for these rifles ? It is a very nice rifle to shoot just wondering how common they are in Australia. Have any gunsmiths that post on this site done any work with this make ?
A bit of history , it was originally my Dads. He purchased it from a shooter somewhere on the East Coast of Australia around the late 90s or early 2000s. It was already set up for TR when he purchased it. Any info would be greatly appreciated particularly regarding parts . Thanks
Brad Probert.

FredB

Re: Krico 223 Target Rifle

#2 Postby FredB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:03 am

I have a Krico that i was also struggling to find information on. It is now a 6PPC.
If ypu email Krico with the serial number they will be able to give you lots of information.
With mine they could provide not only model, but the exact date of manufacture, mine was sold ask action only, with 223 bolt face, and was originally sold to someone in England.
They are no longer produced and are extremely hard to get hold of and parts for the centrefire rifles. (Can still find parts for Krico rimfires.) As mentioned Krico no longer make rifles, the company now does firearms storage and world wide transport. They also help sell and purchase rare and expensive firearms.

tom1

#3 Postby tom1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks Fred, I have emailed Krico today so hopefully I will hear back soon. Done a bit of research and it appears parts are non existent . They have a habit of breaking the firing pin if dry fired according to Dr Google. Will have to take extra good care of it as it was my Dads favourite rifle.
Brad Probert

tom1

#4 Postby tom1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:17 pm

After a bit of research my Krico rifle is most likely a Model 600. Haven't heard back from Krico yet. Does anybody know where I could get a firing pin spring ? Is it possible that a spring could be made by those that are competent in this field ? Thanks for any info.
Brad Probert

6.5x55ai

#5 Postby 6.5x55ai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:56 pm

Bit of useless info - about 48 years ago I owned an Anschutz 1574 in 222 Rem.
It used the Krico 600 action.
I was never sure whether it was a Krico rebadged (and maybe stocked) by Anschutz, or whether Anschutz just sourced the action alone from Krico. It was very accurate. Mate had one in 308W as well.
Husqvarna also used exactly the same action at one stage.

tom1

#6 Postby tom1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:14 am

Not useless at all, I have been scouring the net for info on this make. lots of questions being asked about Krico rifles on various sites but very few people seem to know much about them except that they were well made and parts are made of unobtainium. Will keep looking , hopefully there are other owners on this forum who can add anything to help me out.
It looks like Krico may have merged with a company that has an affiliation with Kongsberg.
Brad Probert

Return to “Equipment & Technical”