Gempro 250 Problems

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

tom1

Gempro 250 Problems

#1 Postby tom1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:10 pm

I had some powder kernels spilt around the base of my scales so I picked up my scales to remove the powder. Placed scales back in position and now it is behaving erratically , wont hold zero and seems to be moving up and down on the digital scale. Also sounds like there is some kernels inside the scale body.
What are my options ? leave it on overnight and hopefully rights itself or have I stuffed them ?
I have had to remove spilt powder before with no problems , may have pushed my luck once too often.
If they are broken what are the recommendations from other experiences.
TIA Brad Probert

GSells

Re: Gempro 250 Problems

#2 Postby GSells » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:49 pm

tom1 wrote:I had some powder kernels spilt around the base of my scales so I picked up my scales to remove the powder. Placed scales back in position and now it is behaving erratically , wont hold zero and seems to be moving up and down on the digital scale. Also sounds like there is some kernels inside the scale body.
What are my options ? leave it on overnight and hopefully rights itself or have I stuffed them ?
I have had to remove spilt powder before with no problems , may have pushed my luck once too often.
If they are broken what are the recommendations from other experiences.
TIA Brad Probert

Yep I’ve had the same problems . And all I do is turn on it’s side and pick it up give it a little deliberate tap on the table and it seems to unjam it !
They are a really good scale of you fly and reload . But they can have a funny every now and then . And every time that happens , I just do the above and it right again . Happed to me when I was in Perth last week ! Worked fine after that !

tom1

#3 Postby tom1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:46 pm

Thanks Graham I tried that about an hour before your reply, tilted scales over at 45 degrees and gently tapped the scales. Put it back in place and now seems to be working. Will leave it on overnight and test tomorrow with some loads that I did before the cock up to see if they are consistent. I have had a good run with these scales hope it continues , though I have noticed there are more than a few on this forum that don't rate them.
Hope you enjoyed your stay in Perth last week, was great to see so many from interstate compete in the Nationals and stay on for the Duke & Queens. Your attendance was greatly appreciated. Hope you can make it back again.
By the way do you use the Gempro 250 for all your reloading ?
I also have Lyman Ohaus M5 beam scale but I cant get it to be consistent , obviously I have something not right , which is why I have been using the Gempro.
Thanks Brad Probert

Lethal

#4 Postby Lethal » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:23 am

PM sent

argh

#5 Postby argh » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 am

If it continues, contact them for a warranty replacement. You will end up with a GemPro 300, wich is in my opinion not as good as the older 250, but they do honour and replace broken scales.
My gempro 250 went south a few years ago and the readings just went crazy

GSells

#6 Postby GSells » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:29 am

tom1 wrote:Thanks Graham I tried that about an hour before your reply, tilted scales over at 45 degrees and gently tapped the scales. Put it back in place and now seems to be working. Will leave it on overnight and test tomorrow with some loads that I did before the cock up to see if they are consistent. I have had a good run with these scales hope it continues , though I have noticed there are more than a few on this forum that don't rate them.
Hope you enjoyed your stay in Perth last week, was great to see so many from interstate compete in the Nationals and stay on for the Duke & Queens. Your attendance was greatly appreciated. Hope you can make it back again.
By the way do you use the Gempro 250 for all your reloading ?
I also have Lyman Ohaus M5 beam scale but I cant get it to be consistent , obviously I have something not right , which is why I have been using the Gempro.
Thanks Brad Probert

Hi Brad , yes I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Pinjar , and was doing ok until I dialled the elevation knob the wrong way second 800 m and destroyed my own Queens with a 3, 1 st business!! As young M Lowe would say “ A Rookie Mistake!!” #-o . I think such was the demand on my limited brain power from the split mirage and having to watch 2-3 rows of flags, it took its toll ! I do hope to come again and crack this rifle range and have another go ! What Albert did was just amazing!

Anyway, why do I use a gempro 250 . I bought mine for the 2017 Nationals to weigh each charge to the kernal of gun powder to get Extreme spreads down etc . I could only afford a gem pro at the time . It has loaded 1000 of rounds since reliably with the odd heart attack. I just do the above fix and usually a kernal of powder comes out and we are back in business again. It’s also very compact and great for flying and reloading. It loads to .02 of a grain which is good enough for me and I’ve had the results on target to prove that over the years ( I say this as humbling as one can lol!) :lol:

With the above fix every now and then , they work great ! I’ve never used an A and D . And by the looks of them they wouldn’t fly too well with the average baggage handler , just my opinion .
Regards Graham.

tom1

#7 Postby tom1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 am

Thanks for the replies, have done some tests this morning with a calibrated weight and seems to be consistent. This scale was bought by my Dad many years ago and have no idea where he got it from. Are Gempro still operating in Australia ?
Will be more careful in the future.
Thank you Brad Probert.

NDOliver

#8 Postby NDOliver » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:49 am

tom1 wrote:.....no idea where he got it from. Are Gempro still operating in Australia ?

Yes- via Medshop,Melbourne, here's the link:

https://www.medshop.com.au/diagnostic-e ... ion-scales

Return to “Equipment & Technical”