Labradar trigger sertings

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Pablolig

Labradar trigger sertings

#1 Postby Pablolig » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi guys,

This is my 3rd outing to the range, and still can not get it to work on the trigger as the “trigger source”
I have tried any position you can imagine unsuccessfully
NOT EVEN ONE SHOT
Now, when I use doppler as the trigger source, it reads every shot

Does anyone experienced similar issues?
284 and 243 are my calibers

Thanks in advance, Pablo

Malcolm Hill

Re: Labradar trigger sertings

#2 Postby Malcolm Hill » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi Pablo. I know of another unit that had the same problem and it was returned for a warranty repair. It had a faulty microphone and did not pick up the muzzle blast to trigger the unit. You can tell if it triggers if the orange armed light goes off and then back on as you fire the shot. If this doesn't happen it hasn't registered that a shot has been fired so doesn't start to ping the projectile. There seems to be quite a deal of difference in the sensitivity of the microphones in these units with some triggering easily regardless of muzzle proximity while others are really critical of the units position to get them to trigger. Regards Malcolm.

Josh Cox

#3 Postby Josh Cox » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Just change the trigger source to Doppler and all your issues will go away.

I purchased a new labradar last QRA queens, got one shot from it, then it wouldn't trigger, swore, cursed, clubbed small fury animals and ate their still beating hearts in frustration. Rang one of my club mates who had the exact same experience (he did something else to the small fury animals), who told me to set trigger to Doppler and the unit has not missed a shot since.

SteveL

#4 Postby SteveL » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:27 pm

God help the small fury animals if it does play up again!

pjifl

#5 Postby pjifl » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:56 pm

I cannot really see any significant disadvantage to the doppler setting for the fast high BC bullets used in our shooting.

I think the only difference is that dopler triggers a little later. But the unit seems to simply extrapolate back to 'zero distance' in all situations.
Comparisons between different LabRadar units indicate superb accuracy and correlation between units in either setting.

Peter Smith.

Pablolig

#6 Postby Pablolig » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Thank you guys for the quick responses.
Was at the range today again, and I used the doppler as a trigger, not missing a shot out of about 40 rounds.
I have also emailed the guys from Canada, and they are looking into it :shock: :shock:

Return to “Equipment & Technical”