Gehmann Di-opters

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Aussie Hunter

Gehmann Di-opters

#1 Postby Aussie Hunter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:09 pm

Have just received my Gehmann di-opter mod 50300 (adjustable iris) and am yet to try it out but a bit of info for others, I ordered mine from a shop in Germany, and whilst it took six weeks to arrive (over Christmas period), all went well, considerable saving over local price, (30%) however I intend to use mine on a Winchester 1885 Low Wall in 38/55 with a Shaver mid range rear sight, and found that the male threaded part of the di-opter ) had a 3/8" European thread which was way too large for my Shaver sight, I got a local engineering works to turn me up some adaptors. If any of you get one of these sights you need to be aware of this fact, although I don't know what bases you would normally add the di-opters to. Interested in any feedback

scott/r

Re: Gehmann Di-opters

#2 Postby scott/r » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:36 am

These are made to suit all the modern rear sights that already have the larger thread built in. I'm pretty sure that you buy the adapter that you can screw straight into the smaller thread like on the original sight block of the old smle rear sights.
Scott.

lee_enfield223

#3 Postby lee_enfield223 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:18 pm

scott's correct you can buy the adaptor for $29 from local suppliers, and looks like this.
http://www.targets.ca/products/sight-ac ... r-redfield

Aussie Hunter

#4 Postby Aussie Hunter » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Looks just like the ones I had made

Return to “Equipment & Technical”