Nosler rubbish

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

BATattack

Nosler rubbish

#1 Postby BATattack » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:31 pm

So I recently purchased 200x nosler 110gr varmageddon flat base projectiles for short range work and after opening the packets I found they were VERY tarnished.

75% of the projectiles were tarnished down one side from what looks to be the cleaning solution not being rinsed off properly and etching into the jacket.

Being a bit disappointed at spending $100 on a sub standard product I emailed the nosler service and after 2 weeks have not yet received a reply.

Pretty much all other US companies large and small that I've dealt with have excellent customer service when there is a justified reason. Nosler seems to be the exception to that rule.

I think I'll be going back to Berger, Hornady and Sierra after this experience

Brad Y

Re: Nosler rubbish

#2 Postby Brad Y » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:50 pm

We had a bad lot of Berger 155's here in WA with similar. Indont think anybullet maker would be immune to it

BATattack

#3 Postby BATattack » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:26 am

Yeah I've seen it on other bullets as well but tese are BLACK not just a tinge.

Other companies do have issues but it's how they respond that's the difference.

bully_eye

#4 Postby bully_eye » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 am

I know it doesn’t help your situation but if you are after good quality, light, 30cal projectiles, I cant speak highly enough of the Copperhead 118gr FB. I used to shoot them in a 30BR but have also shot them in my 308. I didn’t really develop a load for the 308 but have no doubt they would shoot given a bit of time. In the 30BR they were the most accurate thing I’ve ever shot at a target and out to about 400m were brilliant. BC like a house brick.

Michael

RDavies

#5 Postby RDavies » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:03 pm

bully_eye wrote:I know it doesn’t help your situation but if you are after good quality, light, 30cal projectiles, I cant speak highly enough of the Copperhead 118gr FB. I used to shoot them in a 30BR but have also shot them in my 308. I didn’t really develop a load for the 308 but have no doubt they would shoot given a bit of time. In the 30BR they were the most accurate thing I’ve ever shot at a target and out to about 400m were brilliant. BC like a house brick.

Michael

He makes plenty of different styles now with better BC and very good quality. Apart from these, the Sierras are running nice and consistent these days.

BATattack

#6 Postby BATattack » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:56 pm

Good to know!

Ken Melgaard

#7 Postby Ken Melgaard » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Thank you Michael & Rod,
I appreciate your comments, l do strive to make the best bullets l can, and if my customers are having any issues, am happy to replace them, l like to see my customers have success with my Copperhead Bullets,
Currently working on a heavier 6mm VLD Bullet, the 108 grain are looking great out of 1:8 twist barrels
Good shooting
Ken @ Copperhead Bullets

bully_eye

#8 Postby bully_eye » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:25 pm

Ken Melgaard wrote:Thank you Michael & Rod,
I appreciate your comments, l do strive to make the best bullets l can, and if my customers are having any issues, am happy to replace them, l like to see my customers have success with my Copperhead Bullets,
Currently working on a heavier 6mm VLD Bullet, the 108 grain are looking great out of 1:8 twist barrels
Good shooting
Ken @ Copperhead Bullets

108’s. Exciting. Can’t wait for your heavy 30 cal VLD’s as well.

Michael

Return to “Equipment & Technical”