Accu tac FC-4 G2 Bipod vs mdt ckye pod?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Wiseman7187

#1 Postby Wiseman7187 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:13 am

So i have decided 100% on going with a bipod and have these 2 in my sights.

mostly because I'm planning to go towards prs shooting but still want to do f standard shooting
At local range.

Wondering had anyone had or used either of these and any good or bad story's or things I should know about both?

Will be going on a Lithgow la105 in .308 .

Also on a side note arca or piccatiny?
I'm leaning more towards pic at this stage.

bully_eye

Re: Accu tac FC-4 G2 Bipod vs mdt ckye pod?

#2 Postby bully_eye » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:57 pm

You’ll be lonely in PRS with a pic mount. They all seem to be running full length Arca rails so they can move their 16 bags and bipods back and forth to suit the barricade they are shooting from quickly.

MP

superx10

#3 Postby superx10 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:02 pm

I use an ozpod awsome bit of kit.

Wiseman7187

#4 Postby Wiseman7187 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:50 pm

bully_eye wrote:You’ll be lonely in PRS with a pic mount. They all seem to be running full length Arca rails so they can move their 16 bags and bipods back and forth to suit the barricade they are shooting from quickly.

MP

I'd be happy with 1 bag and bipod. :shock:

Wiseman7187

#5 Postby Wiseman7187 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:50 pm

superx10 wrote:I use an ozpod awsome bit of kit.

I'll check them out, cheers

Mick_762

#6 Postby Mick_762 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Its US info, but a good read.
https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/02/ ... pod-tripod

This article covers the bipods and tripods the top 170+ precision rifle shooters in the country are running. It’s based on a recent survey I conducted of the top 125 shooters in the Precision Rifle Series (PRS) and top 50 shooters in the National Rifle League (NRL), which are points-race leagues based on the biggest long-range, field-based rifle matches across the country.

bully_eye wrote:You’ll be lonely in PRS with a pic mount. They all seem to be running full length Arca rails so they can move their 16 bags and bipods back and forth to suit the barricade they are shooting from quickly.

MP

Mate, your coming across as having the same attitude that some TR shooters have with F Class.
David Mickel
Darwin Rifle Club

bully_eye

#7 Postby bully_eye » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:26 am

Mick_762 wrote:Its US info, but a good read.

This article covers the bipods and tripods the top 170+ precision rifle shooters in the country are running. It’s based on a recent survey I conducted of the top 125 shooters in the Precision Rifle Series (PRS) and top 50 shooters in the National Rifle League (NRL), which are points-race leagues based on the biggest long-range, field-based rifle matches across the country.

MP

Mate, your coming across as having the same attitude that some TR shooters have with F Class.

Sorry you feel that way. I’m heavily involved in the precision service rifle comps (Also spent quite a lot of time in F Class and even started out as a TR shooter)and while I don’t shoot in the PRS I do have an interest in the gear they use. They seem to be gravitating more to Arca rail- quicker to adjust on the fly. Comment about 16 different bags was just a little tongue in cheek. For what it’s worth I use a pic rail mount for my Atlas bipod. It’s not going anywhere.

Michael

Mick_762

#8 Postby Mick_762 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:30 pm

bully_eye wrote:
Mick_762 wrote:Its US info, but a good read.

MP

Sorry you feel that way. I’m heavily involved in the precision service rifle comps (Also spent quite a lot of time in F Class and even started out as a TR shooter)and while I don’t shoot in the PRS I do have an interest in the gear they use. They seem to be gravitating more to Arca rail- quicker to adjust on the fly. Comment about 16 different bags was just a little tongue in cheek. For what it’s worth I use a pic rail mount for my Atlas bipod. It’s not going anywhere.

Michael

Sorry mate, missed the "tounge in cheek" aspect - hard to gauge tone/inflection with the typed word. :oops:
David Mickel
Darwin Rifle Club

Return to “Equipment & Technical”