Cortina on breaking in barrels

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Gyro

Re: Cortina on breaking in barrels

#16 Postby Gyro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 am

Nice work Detective Smith. And a most interesting case it has been !

bruce moulds

#17 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm

what is a bgc tool?
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Gyro

#18 Postby Gyro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Bob Green Comparator.

wsftr

#19 Postby wsftr » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Yeah there is no way he shot a group that small heck his ES was 18 for 4 shots only 2 fps under the internet recommendation of 20.
Agreed that an F-class rifle can't shoot that small unless its April fools
EC_AprilFools.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bruce moulds

#20 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:50 pm

maybe he did, but if so, how long before the next one?
who cares, as it is ourselves we have to deal with, not him.
only worry about what you can deal with, and that is your own performance.
what he does is beyond your control.
bruce.

argh

#21 Postby argh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:50 pm

Cortina is on a mission to improve his subscribers and views on youtube at the moment. If you notice, a huge increase in activity, and all his videos are being emotive or contreversal. He admitted as much on accurate shooter that he is using terms such as "Chasing the lands is STUPID" just to get views.
Some comments have merrit, but most of the recent stuff is ALL about getting views and getting paid from Youtube

williada

#22 Postby williada » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 pm

And some keep looking os for inspiration when we have it all in our own backyard without all the bulldust of marketing. Good to see the critical thinkers at work who are not suckers and can sort things out for themselves.

bruce moulds

#23 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:50 am

cortina is just playing one game while appearing to play another.
his game is to create a profile, and then keep it up there for promotional purposes.
litz does the same, but is cleverer at not appearing to do so.
it is how they make a living.
it is also symptomatic of how the shooting industry, and indeed the world in general is going.
williada makes the point that you have to walk the walk yourself to get the result, and unfortunately now in shooting people are being educated that you spend money to get the result.
walking the walk is one of the biggest hurdles long range shooting has to overcome in getting new members.
people today believe that there are shortcuts, and when they discover the truth, some go away.
bruce.

wsftr

#24 Postby wsftr » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:46 am

I think you will find that Eric doesn't make a living from his shooting channel.
He is calling out some stuff and having fun with it.
I don't believe he is targeting people that know what they are doing but perhaps addressing some of the "stuff on the internet" out there that can really put some off which is bad for the sport.
Anyways who cares what EC is up to. Listen to it and make your own decisions...I don't plan on putting my d...k in a grinder anytime soon.

bruce moulds

#25 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:18 pm

good chance he gets something from berger and lapua, and who knows who else.
bruce.

Gyro

#26 Postby Gyro » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:07 pm

wsftr wrote:I think you will find that Eric doesn't make a living from his shooting channel.
He is calling out some stuff and having fun with it.
I don't believe he is targeting people that know what they are doing but perhaps addressing some of the "stuff on the internet" out there that can really put some off which is bad for the sport.
Anyways who cares what EC is up to. Listen to it and make your own decisions...I don't plan on putting my d...k in a grinder anytime soon.

Damn right. All power to him. Still a better watch than what's on my TV.

It's a rule for life I say : listen/watch then make up your own mind. EC has actually done some hi level shooting, plus he likes to talk/rave/joke ..... some might even learn something.

GSells

#27 Postby GSells » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:46 am

I am still of the opinion with some of our own rifles , and all of the Harmonic modifies and tuning us Aussies do . That given, if we didn’t have a breath of wind over the 1000 yds , our rifles would actually do that !
But only way to ever achieve that with the conditions , from what I’ve seen . Is shoot the 1000 yds in a tunnel . Because any wind or breath , would throw the result . No one can read wind that they can’t see ??

Gyro

#28 Postby Gyro » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:46 am

Absolutely Graham. Sometimes guns can shoot crazy small groups, even at long range. The reality is that 99% of the time under normal field conditions the group sizes are shall we say, more 'sobering'. Seems to me them really small groups only happen in perfect conditions and with all the stars lined up for that one day.

But isn't that why we keep doing this stuff and trying to learn more and improve ?

AlanF

#29 Postby AlanF » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:15 am

And being F-Class shooters, groups should not matter as much as scores, and further to that scores should only matter when compared with other scores shot in the same conditions :D .

RDavies

#30 Postby RDavies » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:45 pm

GSells wrote:I am still of the opinion with some of our own rifles , and all of the Harmonic modifies and tuning us Aussies do . That given, if we didn’t have a breath of wind over the 1000 yds , our rifles would actually do that !
But only way to ever achieve that with the conditions , from what I’ve seen . Is shoot the 1000 yds in a tunnel . Because any wind or breath , would throw the result . No one can read wind that they can’t see ??

I agree that we have rifles which (with a bit of luck) will do this, but not necessarily in a tunnel.
I remember pulling targets for Tim N at 900 when he hit the spotter peg a few times and many more shots were next to the peg. It was around this time I was once again laying down next to Tim N again as he shot at 1000y. If I didn't coach him to give it a click right at shot 7 or 8, he would have shot a very small 60.10. (it was still a small 60.9). We used to have one electronic target at our range which people would break all their records on and shoot tiny little groups which couldn't be reproduced on other targets.
As for ECs videos, I do like watching them and would rather watch them than watching our news channels. I do agree with most things he says, even though he does put them in a different way than I would. (but then he gets more clicks than my way of talking would)

Return to “Equipment & Technical”