Marine Tex grey in Australia

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

BATattack

Marine Tex grey in Australia

#1 Postby BATattack » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:58 am

Hi all!

I've used devcon for bedding in the past and found it ok but seemed to get more bubbles than I'd like and when your only doing a few here and there it doesn't last long on the shelf.

Some yanks seem to like marine Tex grey as an alternative because it's thinner, less prone to bubbles and it lasts longer on the shelf.

Does anyone know of a local supplier of marine Tex?

KHGS

Re: Marine Tex grey in Australia

#2 Postby KHGS » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 pm

BATattack wrote:Hi all!

I've used devcon for bedding in the past and found it ok but seemed to get more bubbles than I'd like and when your only doing a few here and there it doesn't last long on the shelf.

Some yanks seem to like marine Tex grey as an alternative because it's thinner, less prone to bubbles and it lasts longer on the shelf.

Does anyone know of a local supplier of marine Tex?

Marine Tex is available from Amazon. I have never used Marine Tex, I have used Armour Grout for over 20 years with excellent results, it has a long shelf life and is easily coloured with oxide used in colouring concrete.
Keith H.

pgcpty

#3 Postby pgcpty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Devcon Plastic Steel Metal Epoxy High Strength Cold Weld Epoxy Bond Repair
Just the shot for occasional bedding jobs, no wastage

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/26528863798 ... 64225b5137
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement!

Matt P

#4 Postby Matt P » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:52 am

Hi Stuart,
I tried to get some a few years ago, and found it very difficult to get any company to ship it to Australia. In the end I tried some Probed 2000 and it's by far the best bedding compound I've ever used and can be bought and sent directly with no dramas. It flows really well and is resistant to voids and air bubbles.
Regards
Matt P
download/file.php?mode=view&id=5684
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BATattack

#5 Postby BATattack » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:19 am

Thanks for all the options guys!

Matt that Probed was mentioned by others as a really good option as well and looks like your getting some awesome results with it. I'm pretty slow on the fit up so what is the working / cleanup time like?

Regards

Adam P

Matt P

#6 Postby Matt P » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:58 am

Hi Adam,
Sorry I called you Stuart !!
It's really nice to work with, work time is very good. I've found I can apply some heat with a heat gun and get additional flow if required this also helps to remove any air bubbles. It's not sensitive to mix ratio either and is available in black as in the photo or brown. As I said earlier by far the best I have tried .
Matt

BATattack

#7 Postby BATattack » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Haha all good mate I've been called worse!

Having the option if grey and brown would be very handy as well. Thanks for the tips!

Return to “Equipment & Technical”