Case Neck Turning

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Fire Dog

Case Neck Turning

#1 Postby Fire Dog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Just came across this site in the USA and if you are into turning the neck of your cases then this is worth a look.
Also if your budget is unlimited...!
A dedicated micro lath that can be Up-graded to CNC controlled operation.
It is available with a 240V motor as well as the US 110V version.
Same price for either motor.

https://www.fclassproducts.com/idod
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pablolig

Re: Case Neck Turning

#2 Postby Pablolig » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Erik Cortina has a couple of videos in this tool

willow

#3 Postby willow » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Fire Dog wrote:Just came across this site in the USA and if you are into turning the neck of your cases then this is worth a look.
Also if your budget is unlimited...!
A dedicated micro lath that can be Up-graded to CNC controlled operation.
It is available with a 240V motor as well as the US 110V version.
Same price for either motor.

https://www.fclassproducts.com/idod

There's one or two of them floating around over here.

michaeljp65

#4 Postby michaeljp65 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:58 pm

I have one for sale if anyone is interested. I doesnt work well for necked up brass, too much run out. Mine is one of the first ones made #8. Id sell it for $2k

GSells

#5 Postby GSells » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:56 pm

For what it's worth , I've been using a Sinclair neck turning tool for a long time . On any of my tight necks barrels . Neck turning hasn't made much of a difference for me in a non neck turning chamber .
Non neck turned shoots just as many x's as a tight neck in a good smithed chamber and barrel . That's what I've found out for me! Others would disagree I'm sure . It's like neck sizing and full length sizing ! I can't defiantly say one is better with the gear I use ! My Lee $50 Lee hunting dies have produce very little run out just as good as $400 Redding type s comp dies . So for newbies , don't too cought up on the ultimate doo hickeys, it's what the target says at 100 m' s that count and SD of your ammo . Also more important to read the wind and repeatability from shot to shot of your technique. That u can eventually develope into very fast shooting . This is just a tool in the tool box used to attack the target when when conditions are so unstable with small patches of calm ! It's not just brainless machine gunning , it's very good wind reading and skill intersect . Knowing when to Run And Gun and when to hold em and sit it out ! That's the real skill !

So am I know an advocate for machine gunning, YES !
I know a few years ago 2017 to be exact I kicked up a horents nest after the Nats . That was about details shot in under a minute, which is a bit extreme. Eventually the wind will catch u out sooner later and severely humble u ! Like I would love to see that technique used at Trentham NZ. YOU WOULD BE HUMBLEDAND BLOWN OFF THE TARGET eventually! Hello to my NZ mates ! Hope all is well , been a while since I've seen u guys!

Anyway way off topic now , I remember day 2 of the Queens over there 2018 , target frames were snapping off in the 60 km winds . I think I had 9 plus Moa at 600 yds or something crazy ! One had to be carefull not to loose what revolution your windage dial was on ! I loved Trentham, A real wind readers range and one that beat me up very badly at times . Hopefully, love to get back there again some time , possibly another trans Tasman!
Anyway I gasbag again ! #-o

Return to “Equipment & Technical”