Hornady ELD Match & Molly

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Blindbat

Hornady ELD Match & Molly

#1 Postby Blindbat » Tue May 31, 2022 10:43 pm

With the shortages of late I'm about to try a new projectile. The only problem is I molly coat and the new bullet is an unknown quantity to me. Has anyone had experience with mollying Hornady ELD Match. I use a rotary tumbler and I was wondering if the ballistic (heat shield) tips might not deform in the tumbling process.

Rich4

Re: Hornady ELD Match & Molly

#2 Postby Rich4 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:33 am

I believe Keith Hills may have coated one or two, I now use his wet method, still blows me away how easy it is :lol:

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:12 am

Blindbat wrote:... Has anyone had experience with mollying Hornady ELD Match...

Yes, and no problems.

P.S. Using a tumbler in my case.

KHGS

#4 Postby KHGS » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:18 am

Blindbat wrote:With the shortages of late I'm about to try a new projectile. The only problem is I molly coat and the new bullet is an unknown quantity to me. Has anyone had experience with mollying Hornady ELD Match. I use a rotary tumbler and I was wondering if the ballistic (heat shield) tips might not deform in the tumbling process.

I have wet mollied a couple of thousand of these bullets without any problem. They are a very good bullet. If you are on facebook, search for KHGS, my method is described there. I think you should find it on here in archives.
Keith H.

Blindbat

#5 Postby Blindbat » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:08 am

KHGS wrote:I have wet mollied a couple of thousand of these bullets without any problem. They are a very good bullet. If you are on facebook, search for KHGS, my method is described there. I think you should find it on here in archives.
Keith H.

Thanks, found it. There's a certain synergy to your response Keith as I'm reliably informed that you built the 6br I just picked up. It's only every shot molly so I'm in the process of skilling up to be able to reload for it. I've had to temporarily change projectiles but I don't want to change too much else as it's shooting so well at the moment.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”