LYMAN v RCBS CASE PREP CENTER

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Blindbat

LYMAN v RCBS CASE PREP CENTER

#1 Postby Blindbat » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:17 pm

I'm coming to the conclusion that a case preparation centre is becoming a necessity not a luxury. This is my first foray into this bit of kit and there does not seem to be too much on the interwebs regarding the comparative quality of the available units. The following appear to be the choices that are available however there may well be other options.

LYMAN LY-CPCX CASE PREP CENTRE EXPRESS
RCBS R90390 BRASS BOSS ELECTRONIC CASE PREP CENTER

Just looking at the two the Lyman looks to be the better appointed unit although it only has 5 stations and the RCBS looks to be more robust with an extra station.

So I'm calling on the brains trust. Which has the best build quality and which is the better designed.....and of course which would/did you buy.

oldman1967

Re: LYMAN v RCBS CASE PREP CENTER

#2 Postby oldman1967 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:13 pm

I've had no experience with the RCBS so can't comment on it. I have, however had the LYMAN for around six years and can honestly say it's one of the best additions to my reloading kit I've purchased. It's made case prep so much easier and quicker. It has been extremely reliable with zero problems. I have prepped thousands of cases from 223 to 50 BMG. It's well made and feels really solid. It has heaps of torque. Doesn't over heat. If mine ever die's, I'll buy another without question.

Rich4

#3 Postby Rich4 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:00 pm

I have the rcbs and while 6 stations sounded good, they are pretty close together and I’ve never used all 6 at once, (yet) I would buy on price and have no regrets, definitely buy one though!

Brett.44

#4 Postby Brett.44 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:27 pm

Have you looked at the Frankford Arsenal it has 3 stations and a case trimmer.... I have never needed more than 3 stations at a time

Return to “Equipment & Technical”