Delta Optical Stryker 5-50x56

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

williada

Re: Delta Optical Stryker 5-50x56

#16 Postby williada » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:33 am

Hi Cheech, I bought it on a whim because I was annoyed other quality scopes had failed and to be honest the Delta has been extremely reliable on one of my 7 SAUMs. It cops plenty of recoil.

Being a knob winder, it probably gets more of a workout than the people who aim off because I shoot slower than most at times because my eye won't focus quickly (due to past brain tumour) and won't tear up to clear vision and so I have to rely on the scope movements being precise when I am able to shoot based on a quick assessment of the weather. The Delta tracks well, the knob movement is sound and accommodates my needs and that is the priority in any scope. Initially I was concerned the modern hard plastic knobs might not be durable. They have proven to be quite the opposite. So its a keeper.

If I was to compare it to other competitors gear in competition (and I have not entered prize meetings for some years but carried the wife's bags due to my condition), I was persuaded last year to enter the short and long range prize meeting competitions at Rosedale. (Team shooting is not so much a problem as I have more time to focus). Both days were rough and required plenty of knob winding. I was was fortunate to win both the short and the longs in handy company over two days. It gave me enough confidence to compete this year at another 2 day Rosedale prize meeting where I won the longs but got a 4 on my last shot in rough stuff at 1000 yards to let young Albert in to win the Grand Agg. by a point. So taking a line through Albert who is shooting very well in bigger comps, I guess the scope is more than ok. The scope has never missed a beat in Pennant shooting where the scratch team was again successful and a couple of successful 1000 yard Challenge Cups in the last few years where I was coached.

For me, the brilliant clarity is not the issue for obvious reasons on 50 power which others may demand as high order, but clubmates using my gear reckon its fine. I have to concentrate on technique. I am older and can't take advantage of larger magnification with the desired clarity as you can note in relation to the exit pupil and age diagrams above.

How long will it last? Hopefully longer than the 10 year warranty. Is it as clear as my old Nightforce? Not quite, but that scope died in the tracking as did a Leupold too.

With any scope on the gear we use, the scope rings have to be lapped so the scope lies stress free. Otherwise any scope will produce walkers.

cheech

#17 Postby cheech » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:44 am

Thankyou for the reply very informative, have seen these scopes new at a special offer and another shooter happy with them , have owned probably a dozen NF over 2 decades including on hunting guns , a Sightron was very good too . Might give one a go
Cheers

Brett.44

#18 Postby Brett.44 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Does anyone have any updates on these scopes?

Bigtravoz

#19 Postby Bigtravoz » Sat May 29, 2021 8:00 pm

cheech wrote:Hi Williada

Any more thoughts or updates on this scope , worth keeping?

Well after talking to David about it I just laid down the money on one over the vortex golden eagle. I have looked through both and didn’t really have much affection for the vortex, I found it to be way too hard to see the reticle and despite the owners of the vortex telling me how good it was I found it lacked colour definition, was dark, even compared to my cheap discovery 8-32x. The delta optical boasts 100 moa of elevation and 50 of windage. I am hoping that I have made the right choice and will give some feedback on it as I can. Won’t have it for another week or so and will have to organise rings for it and won’t have time to shoot for a few weeks though.

rob90

#20 Postby rob90 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:45 pm

Hi Bigtravoz.
I have one set of Dima 34mm rings with bubble level left at old stock price.. email rvcustom1@gmail.com if your interested.
Regards.
Bigtravoz wrote:

Well after talking to David about it I just laid down the money on one over the vortex golden eagle. I have looked through both and didn’t really have much affection for the vortex, I found it to be way too hard to see the reticle and despite the owners of the vortex telling me how good it was I found it lacked colour definition, was dark, even compared to my cheap discovery 8-32x. The delta optical boasts 100 moa of elevation and 50 of windage. I am hoping that I have made the right choice and will give some feedback on it as I can. Won’t have it for another week or so and will have to organise rings for it and won’t have time to shoot for a few weeks though.

Bigtravoz

#21 Postby Bigtravoz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks mate I ended up with MDT elite rings. Zeroed today, Very impressed by the scope! Had it next to a night force comp, and two new vortex golden eagles, Extremely glad I didn’t buy a golden eagle!!!

Optical clarity of the vortex was not even in the same league to be a comparison, the night force was much better than the vortex and if anyone says they are comparable they’re dreaming! I would rate the delta equally as good as the night force possibly a smidge better.

rob90 wrote:Hi Bigtravoz.
I have one set of Dima 34mm rings with bubble level left at old stock price.. email rvcustom1@gmail.com if your interested.
Regards.
Bigtravoz wrote:

Return to “Equipment & Technical”