WTB Moly powder

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Forum rules
Please note the following :

Advertising of Firearms & Firearm Parts will no longer be permitted in the For Sale/Wanted to Buy Forum.
Please use the Firearms & Firearm Parts For Sale Sub-Forum.

Any Firearms or Firearm Parts advertised in this forum will be moved or deleted.

Please read the READ THIS FIRST! (Advertising Rules) for further details.
jasmay

Re: WTB Moly powder

#31 Postby jasmay » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:10 pm

Wakey7 wrote:
jasmay wrote:
BATattack wrote:
I agree with what your saying Jase and part of the reason I asked the question of Keith re cleaning. If you clean your barrel after every session because your are aware moly has the potential to harm your barrel and you manage it well then it's fine. For people that occasionally get a bit lazy (like me) OR if they think they can go 100s of rounds or months without cleaning they could run into problems. The barrel that I looked at was very high quality and had pits very similar to the corrosion I'm seeing in stainless pipework exposed to sulphuric acid. What specific purposes do you find moly helps with?

Yep going well down here thanks mate hope you guys up north are staying safe with all the rain about :-(

Not overly keen to discuss openly why I and a few others specifically use Moly, I’ll send you a PM for a private chat…

Hi Jason. Just went it was getting interesting you go all shy on us. :shock: See you in Victoria mate. Regards Lynton.

Not shy, just not willing to give you any bloody advantages , you’re nipping at my heels as it is [-X :D

HOUSSY

#32 Postby HOUSSY » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:55 pm

For sale I sell moly powder I have a lot of if if you need it all you can call me 0437628628
Last edited by HOUSSY on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aubrey

#33 Postby Aubrey » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:17 pm

This may be of interest:

"Tubb Precision Blended Boron Nitride Bullet Coating Kit.

The Tubb Precision Blended Boron Nitride Bullet Coating System lets you easily coat thousands of bullets with no mess and no guesswork.Used extensively by David Tubb, most recently in his 2011Wimbledon Cup and National Long Range Championship wins, the Tubb Precision Blended Boron Nitride Bullet Coating System uses a proprietary blend that has taken David over ten years to perfect.

Why should you use our Boron Nitride Bullet Coating Kit?
Boron Nitride coated bullets offer several distinct advantages over bare or moly coated bullets:
Unlike Moly coating, does not need a wax coating to hold it in place;
Unlike Moly, Boron Nitride has no humidity issues;
Moly out-gasses at around 600 degrees, Boron Nitride out-gasses above 2500 degrees;
Boron Nitride has a lower coefficient of friction than Moly, so it is slicker than Moly;

But the biggest reason to use Boron Nitride on your bullets, the most important advantage Boron Nitride coated bullets have over bare and Moly coated bullets, is that the first shot from a cold, "dirty" barrel will go into the group (of all the subsequent shots). You can't say this about Moly coated bullets, and in David's experience, the first shots using Moly coatings usually go low, and bare bullets are unpredictable.

Boron Nitride coating radically reduces the elevation effects of cold (or hot) bore first shot velocity variations that have plagued shooters in the past. This means that the High Power competitor using Boron Nitride coated bullets will not have to worry about elevation changes from the first through successive shots. It means that the hunter taking that all-important first shot of the day can be confident it will go where it is aimed. And the tactical shooter will know that critical first shot will leave the barrel in the same velocity range and go into the same group as his subsequent shots. As David says: "This is huge".

The Tubb Precision Blended Boron Nitride Bullet Coating System is very easy to use, and comes with detailed instructions. The Kit lets you coat approximately 10,000/ 50-grain bullets and approximately 3,000/ 300-grain bullets"
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

HOUSSY

#34 Postby HOUSSY » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:32 pm

Houssy’s Molly Powder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”