F-Class World Championships 2023

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

superx10

F-Class World Championships 2023

#1 Postby superx10 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 am

Hi Can anyone point me in the direction to get info on the shooters, captains, and coaches in the F-Class World Championships 2023 held in South Africa early next year.
Thanks in Advanced

Chopper

Re: F-Class World Championships 2023

#2 Postby Chopper » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:05 am

Agree ?
Would be good to keep on track with the Aussies :D
Chopper

superx10

#3 Postby superx10 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Yes, gotta agree there seems to be very little info on the squads anywhere funny for such big event. :D

Tim N

#4 Postby Tim N » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:21 pm

Hey
Without giving too much away the F open team have had a number of get togethers around the country, I’m sending this reply while waiting in the Adelaide airport after a team practice at a sunny 38 degrees Lower light.
313A3DFE-ECA5-42F9-B8D1-0D4D2F45D409.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

ShaneG

#5 Postby ShaneG » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:06 pm

And there have been changes due to withdrawals as I understand?

Redhawk

#6 Postby Redhawk » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:07 pm

And the FTR team had a great training session in Canberra this weekend:) Just got home from the airport. Like Tim said, don’t want to give away too much.

mike H

#7 Postby mike H » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:31 am

As the F Class teams represent the Australian Nation,the National Rifle Association of Australia and all it’s members,surely it would be reasonable to expect some openess of their activities.A good start would be a public listing of all the current team members.
Too much of this secret team’s business might give the teams some sort of comfort and security but at the risk of alienating a lot of the membership who do care.
Mike.

Chopper

#8 Postby Chopper » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:52 am

=D> =D> =D> =D>

RDavies

#9 Postby RDavies » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:04 am

mike H wrote:As the F Class teams represent the Australian Nation,the National Rifle Association of Australia and all it’s members,surely it would be reasonable to expect some openess of their activities.A good start would be a public listing of all the current team members.
Too much of this secret team’s business might give the teams some sort of comfort and security but at the risk of alienating a lot of the membership who do care.
Mike.

Since the question was asked in here, the team has either been away at an interstate (for some) practice or getting ready to fly out interstate for the practice. Some team members got home late last night, some are not yet home, taking 2 days travel each way. I expect someone in management will give more details once they unpack.

mike H

#10 Postby mike H » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:15 am

Thanks Rod.

Redhawk

#11 Postby Redhawk » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Mike, fair comments, please rest assured that there has been no false sense of security with the teams or team members.

Also worth noting that every team member is funding the bulk of this out of their own pockets. We are thankful for the sponsorships which give access to gear and components at a discount. All other expenses carried by individuals. Travel to training, travel to South Africa, accomodation. Load development, formal Australia team clothing, time off from work or own business, the list goes on…… Pretty sure if you ask individual team members what they are in for that they will share, not a small amount.

Everyone has been working very hard, in sorting barrels, loads, components, training individually and multiple team training sessions across Australia. The logistics in getting the teams to South Africa is vast and we are working hard in terms of permits, travel, ect to make this happen.

As part of the NRAA policy for teams, we have been asked to generally stay off social media, as those we compete against will be reading those updates in detail to see what we are up to. Hence the comments “not wanting to give away too much”.

Will leave it for the NRAA to do updates on who the team members are and what the general preparation looks like.

We also do deeply appreciate the support and interest, and we want to go represent NRAA and its members with pride and knock it out of the park!

(I am not a team management member, but a team member, hence the general nature of my response)

Azzopardi

#12 Postby Azzopardi » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:03 pm

I urge every F-class shooter to send an email to the NRAA and ask the board how your Australian F-Open and F-TR sides are going and how much help they have given the teams.

The two teams can’t comment due to contracts they are bound to and their at the pointy end of preparation.

Let’s reflect:
1. The squads were selected early 2019.
2. The final teams were selected Dec 2019.
3. COVID19 hits March 2020. Training canceled.
4. World championship canceled and moved forward 2 to 3 times.
5. Flights booked and leave taken for training only to be canceled time after time after time.
6. Global component shortage and team members take control to ensure supply.
7. No F-class team has endured logistic issues and freight cost as these 2 teams.
8. Team members going and new ones joining.

The good news is, after intense training sessions, their ready. I wish them all the best, OZY, OZY, OZY!!!
Regards,
Azzo

superx10

#13 Postby superx10 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:21 am

Thanks for your replies especially Mr Azzopardi as this gave a good outline of just how disrupted the event has been, maybe the head body could step up and have some information on there website.
superx

jasmay

#14 Postby jasmay » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:44 pm

Most people know or can get my phone number, I’m happy to talk anyone through the journey to date, but will refrain from saying anything online other than, after being on 3 prior international teams, this has been without a doubt the most difficult journey yet, but, we are also better prepared than we have been in the past.

Reach out if you want to chat.

Daveh

#15 Postby Daveh » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:41 pm

NZ must look at it differently than the Aussies.
Maybe because it's their first time and "they don't know any better"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rsW8PIPrZkA

I can't understand why the AU team members were not announced ages ago.

I wish you all the best. Whoever you are...

Daveh

Return to “Events”