2017 FCWC - THANKS to Rutland Cup Teams SPONSORS

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Betta

2017 FCWC - THANKS to Rutland Cup Teams SPONSORS

#1 Postby Betta » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:53 pm

The F/TR and F Open Rutland Cup teams (NRAA Rifle Team Canada 2017) would like to thank

Tron Civil
Blackmore Sand

for paying the teams entry fee.

Thanks also to the following sponsors for their financial support towards the team expenses:

True Flite
Ozfclass
SEB Australia
Reloaders Haven
Peter & Anna Marino
Peter Larsen
Sports Centre
Zeirsch Sport Branding

We greatly appreciated your support.

A special thanks also goes to:

Peter Larsen for his dedication and time in managing the F Open Rutland Cup team and all his help in organizing shooting shirts, powder & primers and so much more.

Shane Dowling for organizing our flights, accommodation, entry forms and making our stay in Canada so smooth and enjoyable. Thanks also for supporting our teams throughout.

Catherine Berry & Jo Oliver for their help with the paperwork and ordering our number one uniforms.

Stuart and Richard Braund for designing our special range jackets

Karen Conlon, our "range mum", for preparing great lunches during our team shoot and for scoring with the help of Jo for scoring for the F Open team.

At last but not least to the team members of all four Australian teams for the great time we had together, memories that will stay with us forever.

F/TR TEAM
Captain Betta Gianasi
Coach Chris Allman
Shooters Danny Blackmore, Sharon Dowling, Michael Hall, Betta Gianasi, David Vivian-Jones

F OPEN TEAM
Captain Dave Boreham
Coach Col Sutton
Shooters Adrian Conlon, Julian Daley, Jordan Drew, Dave Boreham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Betta on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

RAVEN

Re: 2017 FCWC - THANKS to Rutland Cup Teams SPONSORS

#2 Postby RAVEN » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Great post Betta

I would like to see the Rutland Teams receive Australian Team Status in the future.

It’s a very big deal in the world F-Class Championships with several countries competing and some countries have multiple teams in total 25 teams from 7 different countries.
This competition is as big if not bigger than the Palma Match why NRAA don't give it the recognition it deserves eludes me.

Well something to work on for the next 4 years. :idea:

RB

Betta

#3 Postby Betta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:48 am

Thanks RB

I absolutely agree with you.

Not only the high number of teams but also the quality and level of competition in the Rutland Cup Team Matches was extremely high. The US takes the Rutland Matches very seriously and Australia should do the same. Let's stop looking at the Rutland Matches as a second class competition and we will show even more how we lead the world in F Class.

Having NRAA recognizing the Rutland Cup teams as "NRAA Rifle Team Canada 2017" was a first not easy step but the foundation for 4 equally sponsored and recognized teams to 2021 FCWC in South Africa. Definitely something to work on :lol:

Cheers
Betta
Last edited by Betta on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pommy Chris

#4 Postby Pommy Chris » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:02 am

Something else worth mentioning.. I was asked by members of the American team why the Australians where wearing two different shirts. The Americans for example both Rutland and 8 person teams all wore the same and shared the same sponsors. Having different uniforms (even if our Rutland uniform was beautiful) and different sponsors makes divisions that should never be made in a team and it actually makes final shooter selection much harder. We need to go to South Africa as one be it divided into F/TR and F Open.
Chris

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:58 am

The Federal government mandates what level of representation is appropriate for the coat of arms & the Prime Minister's department authorises these in all instances. Blame them, not NRAA.

Pommy Chris

#6 Postby Pommy Chris » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:34 am

Not Blaming anybody, but things need to be different, not sure how it is to be achieved but it has to happen. Seems not a problem for the Americans for example..
Chris

RAVEN

#7 Postby RAVEN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 am

John could you please advise me who informs the Prime Minister's department of the event so it can receive AUS Coat of Arm status :?:

RB :)

johnk

#8 Postby johnk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:12 pm

NRAA does it on your behalf.

Betta

#9 Postby Betta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi John

The coat of arms is only one aspect of the difference that need to be addressed for 2021 and to be honest it is not the one I have been referring to or the most important. Wearing the NRAA blue blazers has been a great privilege and I know that the authorization for the use of the coat of arms is not due to NRAA.

There is so much more to be done before arriving at the issue of the green or blue blazers.

Maybe you should read my post again and you will see that there is no blame to NRAA but a recognition that they actually made the first step towards future Rutland teams of which we can only be grateful.

Regards
Betta

johnk

#10 Postby johnk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Sorry, Betta. I was lazy in my language then. It wasn't my intention to ascribe any negativity to your post.

RAVEN

#11 Postby RAVEN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Do the S&Ts need to lobby the NRAA to put this event up to the relevant authorities John?

jasmay

#12 Postby jasmay » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:52 am

Well done guys, happy to have helped how I could.

Having you guys partake in this journey was important for me, you were there all the way through the selection process and every shooter was deserving of a position on the main team, that is how high the standard was.

As well as this, Australia dipping its toes into the Rutland matches is important, I actually see that there is a possibility at some point in the future for the worlds to revolve around the 4 man team event much more than the 8 man event. The growth in the 4 man event was amazing this year, where if I am not mistaken the 8 man event was the same as 2013, it is hard to coordinate such a big team. and going forward I think just as much importance will soon lay on the rutland comp.

Well done again guys....!!!

Matt P

#13 Postby Matt P » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:24 am

RAVEN wrote:Do the S&Ts need to lobby the NRAA to put this event up to the relevant authorities John?

Hi Richard
Maybe it's time for a National F Class Association ???
Matt P

RAVEN

#14 Postby RAVEN » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 pm

John have you gone silent on my question?

johnk

#15 Postby johnk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:41 pm

RAVEN wrote:John have you gone silent on my question?

I've been trying to find some reference to the event on the net, without avail.

The issue, as I understand it is that the government will consider approving only matches contested at the elite level between international teams. If it doesn't so qualify, then it is unlikely to be granted similar status to the other two F class teams.

What I was trying to discover was whether the Rutland Cup was so restricted, or open to club, regional or scratch teams, in which case I suspect that it wouldn't qualify.

Return to “General Forum”