NSWRA Queens Cancelled

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Accuracy

NSWRA Queens Cancelled

#1 Postby Accuracy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:01 pm

I can’t believe they cancelled the NSW Queens in September. I took annual leave for that week and I’m sure people were looking forward to going. They would have had a good roll up, they don’t get that many from interstate to warrant cancelling.

ajvanwyk

Re: NSWRA Queens Cancelled

#2 Postby ajvanwyk » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:39 pm

Having made quite a few of these decisions over the last 5 months I can assure you the NSWRA Council would not have made this decision lightly. There is still a considerable amount of uncertainty for events like these and unfortunately also considerable cost. I don't entirely share your optimism with regards to people showing up, but I do hope that I'm wrong and people are still as engaged as they have always been....

Albert
Last edited by ajvanwyk on Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

GSells

#3 Postby GSells » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:53 pm

ajvanwyk wrote:Having made quite a few of these decisions over the last 5 months I can assure you the NSWRA Council would not have made this decision lightly. There is still a considerable amount of uncertainty for events like these and unfortunately also considerable cost. Unfortunately, I don't entirely share your optimism with regards to people showing up. I do however hope that I'm wrong and people are still as engaged as they have always been....

Albert

Hi Albert , is there a consensus on the Vic Queens? Maybe bit early to tell ? Qld Queens could possibly be the only Queens shot this year ?? What’s people’s opinions ?
Regards Graham.

willow

#4 Postby willow » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:54 pm

A bit disappointing but given the COVID spike in Victoria, not unexpected if NSW ends up with an outbreak. I'm hoping ACT Queens goes ahead in November, might be our only chance for a Queens this year.

ajvanwyk

#5 Postby ajvanwyk » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:56 pm

willow wrote:A bit disappointing but given the COVID spike in Victoria, not unexpected if NSW ends up with an outbreak. I'm hoping ACT Queens goes ahead in November, might be our only chance for a Queens this year.

Last chance would be Victorian State Championships in December.... after that it's either Tassie or Victoria again in April 2021
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

BillB

#6 Postby BillB » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 am

There were 2 veteran teams going from Vic with partners thats 15 to 20 people so there would have been a few other veteran teams from other states, so other state shooters would have been quite numerous

willow

#7 Postby willow » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:23 pm

ajvanwyk wrote:
willow wrote:A bit disappointing but given the COVID spike in Victoria, not unexpected if NSW ends up with an outbreak. I'm hoping ACT Queens goes ahead in November, might be our only chance for a Queens this year.

Last chance would be Victorian State Championships in December.... after that it's either Tassie or Victoria again in April 2021

You blokes will be facing the zombie apocalypse by then Albert - I'd start loading now mate.

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:05 pm

I was very disappointed to hear about the cancelation of my favourite Queens, but given the zombie apocalypse going on across the border, it is not all that surprising given the demographics of those attending and the fact that many people travel from interstate to NSW Queens.
They have previously had to defer a Queens until the next January, so is it an option to try to run the 2020 1/2 Queens early next year?
Now it is time to prep for Vic Queens, so I hope they have the plague sorted out down there soon.

ajvanwyk

#9 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:19 pm

RDavies wrote:I was very disappointed to hear about the cancelation of my favourite Queens, but given the zombie apocalypse going on across the border, it is not all that surprising given the demographics of those attending and the fact that many people travel from interstate to NSW Queens.
They have previously had to defer a Queens until the next January, so is it an option to try to run the 2020 1/2 Queens early next year?
Now it is time to prep for Vic Queens, so I hope they have the plague sorted out down there soon.

I'll still be there Rod... most likely to place a crown on the head of the World Champion !!
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Return to “Events”