New Member From Canada

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Gord

New Member From Canada

#1 Postby Gord » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:17 am

I've visited here a number of times interested to see and hear the shooting culture from OZ.Just signed on "officially" and thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.
Ontario ,Canada is my home province and have been an active shooter for too many years to count now.I participate and compete in F Class,Bench rest,Precision Rifle(sniper),IPSC and IDPA (handgun) Service Rifle(AR15) and the occasional 3 gun matches.
My hunting days are just about over ,but still manage to get out once or twice a year for Moose and deer and the odd rabbit.Health and sanity state that I hunt from a cottage rather than tenting into the bush.
Thanks to a couple of bud's (1 a qualified master gunsmith and the other a machinist with a CNC/EDM workshop,I'm able to design build custom rifles.
A few years ago I got involved with some Precision Shooters while competing in our 100/200/300 yard Benchrest matches.They got me hooked on a sport up here called Precision Shooting (unpolitically correct known as Sniper)
and we get to compete with the best Civilian/Police and Military Marksman.
A few years ago I joined the ORA the provincial club of the Dominion of Canada Rifle Association and started to shoot F Class .
I was fortunate enough last year to attend the World's Long Range F Class in Ottawa Canada and was able to meet and shoot alongside member's from teams of England,Germany,Ireland,United States and others.Well I really learned a great deal and have made the commitment to get to Bisley in 09.

If all goes well ,I 'm looking forward to meeting some of you on the mounds and to be able to share a pint or two after.
Cheers
ONT0001
Gord

Iggy

#2 Postby Iggy » Wed May 30, 2007 1:44 pm

Hello Gord

I have just been going through the unanswered posts so I thought I would say hello and welcome to Oz F Class. :D
Iggy
Maffra VIC

Return to “General Forum”