New Membership done easy with F Class

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

#1 Postby Chopper » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:24 pm

Nice to be involved in this F class forum, good to see! I find it easy to keep a new member by introducing him to F Class, rather than have him/her get tangled up in a sling, cant see it, end up with a sprained wrist, a caterpiller on his/her eyebrow, never to be seen again. Even though I have been tied up with ironsights for the past 26 years I have over the past 6 months or so put a telescopic sight on my rifles for new members. I have decided to leave them on and have some fun and the new members just keep coming back.I guess just because of the ease of jumping straight into it. and getting into the competition ( on a calm day), The mystery of the weather certainly keeps them keen to learn.THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT F CLASS WILL INCREASE MEMBERSHIP INTO THIS SPORT. And what a great way to keep your rifle in tune. I have recently been successful in having F Class introduced into our club championships this year. Also at our last association meeting moved that we have an Association F Class Champion to compete in possibly a State Championship. We will need other association champions ARE YOU PREPARING ONE?? PS. We now have F Class divisions in our pennant. Lets hear your thoughts CHOPPER

pjifl

#2 Postby pjifl » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:35 pm

Chopper said

I find it easy to keep a new member by introducing him to F Class, rather than have him/her get tangled up in a sling

Yes. I totally agree. You just cannot get new shooters to try a sling. Anyway, no one from Hollywood uses a sling - they all use scopes - even Rambo. Which is also so sad because a sling is very very good.

Peter Smith.

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:06 pm

Hi Chopper

At Kapunda RC we have had a club F Class Championship for three years now and effectively have a DRA champion with top OR from the association shoots.

Have you given consideration to how you would evaluate the championship on a state basis, ie from prize shoots, set ranges at club shoots etc?? I would be interested in your thoughts on how this could be done.

:ynn

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:07 pm

Chopper,

Very good strategy for attracting shooters - congratulations.

Which state association does Albury-Wodonga RC come under? If its Victoria, there is a DRA Teams event (for F-Std) in October, but as yet no Champion of Champions for F-Class. If there was, there would also be a possibilty of an F-Open C of C (not enough numbers yet for F-Open teams).

Alan :)

Tony Q

#5 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:34 pm

welcome Chopper
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

bruce moulds

#6 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:37 am

chopper,
do you have 2 mates called plugger & slug?
bruce moulds

#7 Postby Guest » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:51 pm

Alan F
Albury Wodonga Is under VRA.

At castlemaine we have conducted club C /ship in FS for past 3 years.

VRA were asked (albeit verbally )last year to include F class into state C of C
I guess the have been rather busy with 2006 to give it much thought as yet. Rather a pity as it would give F class an extra boost. I guess we will just have to make it an issue.

Barry Davies

Tony Q

#8 Postby Tony Q » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:04 pm

At MBRC we have conducted club C /ship in FS for the past 2 years.

And this year we have introduced C / ship for FO

All very positive moves by the club :)
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

bigbore

#9 Postby bigbore » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:30 pm

Greetings

As an ex-Castlemane member and I have seen the trends of F class shooters in the Eastern States and West Australia.

There is little to offer for F class Standard shooters here in WA (the last 3 Queens have had to be bunched into the Open class: a real challenge indeed!!! For them!!)

Over in the Vicroria the numbers are pretty much more the Standard class way; this is probably due to the staunch followings and beliefs that their sport should not be interfered.

Standard class is the way to go as it puts everyone on the level platform and the real competition is on the range on the day and not from some barrel driller who tinkers with rocket science to get the best gun of them all!!

Standard Class is for me!

Bigbore

Return to “General Forum”