VRA AGM motion

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Trevor Rhodes

VRA AGM motion

#1 Postby Trevor Rhodes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm looking for support for a motion to be voted on at the Victorian AGM. If you Victorian have not read the paper work that come with the AGM notice, l put up a motion where instead of DRA putting up champions, each club to put up their club champions. This would make the event double or triple the size of the shoot. Creating a worth while event like the Queens with the atmosphere making every work hard to become champion of champions. Going back to a four ranges, it will be an improvement on boosting number and more use of the state range. The logistics will have to be worked out perhaps having it on a separate weekend. If you can not make it to the meeting and you agree with the principal please send a proxy to with a someone going or email it.
Cheers Trevor Rhodes

Barry Davies

Re: VRA AGM motion

#2 Postby Barry Davies » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 am

Good move Trev.
Something positive to help stimulate this movement and encourage more to participate.
I think that DRA's have rather had their day, mostly due to numbers falling off. They cease to be the force that they were. When you get 6 or 7 DRA's out of 13 or so taking part in the annual comps, it's time to sit back and have a look at what we have.
Time to make some changes that reflect the changes that have occurred since the advent of F Class.
Time to take the politics out of shooting and allow members to enjoy what they are entitled to.
So, all those who are advocating change I would expect you to get behind this move and put up.
If you cannot make the AGM then send your proxy to Nikki and make your vote count.
Barry

williada

#3 Postby williada » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:52 pm

I support your motion Trevor. The argument to knock it out will be if all clubs provide champions in each class there might not be enough targets to shoot all at once. This is easily solved with divisions if need be to enable the same playing field with a shoot-off at a championship distance between winners of divisions. Certainly would increase participation. Creative thinking needed to accommodate the event and get people interested in using Bendigo facilities.

I would also like to see a circuit of pairs matches held around the state or for that matter 4 man teams based on self self selection to increase the standard of marksmanship much the way cycling groups organise teams in competition with sponsorship.

Barry Davies

#4 Postby Barry Davies » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Many Years ago, when Williamstown was still being used, the VRA introduced this concept whereby all club champions shot off for the State title. It was fired Bisley style with two shooters per target. ( TR only as FC did not exist then )
If the motion gets up it might well be worth thinking about again, particularly if the number of targets available becomes an issue.
I agree with David -- creative thinking needed as this is a good opportunity to get more participation.
Like the team idea also.
Barry

Return to “General Forum”