Importing projies while travelling

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

bartman007

Importing projies while travelling

#1 Postby bartman007 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Can anyone help me with the following please.

If i go to the USA on holiday, what is required to bring projies back into Australia, just a b709.a, or do i need a USA export permit too?
###

!Peter!

Re: Importing projies while travelling

#2 Postby !Peter! » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:32 pm

You need a b709a to import and a US export permit.

Haven't worked out the detail of US export process (ie exactly which forms are required by whom) but you won't get any help from the US federal government as they are shutdown at the moment.

Here is some info on the process http://www.reloadinginternational.com/p ... _customers

bartman007

#3 Postby bartman007 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:16 am

Hello Peter,

Thanks, however that ?may? only apply in the instance of having the shop send to you.

If i was to buy them inside the USA at a shop, would that be a different matter? Just like bringing home a new laptop?

Or is the export process in the USA there to control movement of firearm related items, which i can understand.

Has anyone else experienced this too?
###

michaeljp

#4 Postby michaeljp » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 am

still need a permit from the US. I tried to buy a reamer from someone on a forum. They got back to me and said they can not sell due to ITAR regulations.

Mick_762

#5 Postby Mick_762 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:23 am

michaeljp wrote:still need a permit from the US. I tried to buy a reamer from someone on a forum. They got back to me and said they can not sell due to ITAR regulations.

PT&G still ship to Australia, no export licenses required or B709A from this end.
David Mickel
Darwin Rifle Club

!Peter!

#6 Postby !Peter! » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:30 am

Only difference is that you are the exporter not the company you brought it from.

Also if a company suspects that you may be exporting an item you brought from them that is an itar controlled item they will often ask that you sign a declaration that you aren't and if you do you'll get an export permit or won't sell it to you.

michaeljp

#7 Postby michaeljp » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Mick_762 wrote:
michaeljp wrote:still need a permit from the US. I tried to buy a reamer from someone on a forum. They got back to me and said they can not sell due to ITAR regulations.

PT&G still ship to Australia, no export licenses required or B709A from this end.

Yep i know Mick, they have a export permit. But i cant buy one from joe blow off a forum.
cheers

Return to “Equipment & Technical”