NRAA Sub Committees

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Craig McGowan

NRAA Sub Committees

#1 Postby Craig McGowan » Wed May 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Evening all.

For your information and consideration.

NRAA Sub Committees

Current Call for nominations

1. Competitions
2. Selections
3. Safety Sub Committee.

Kind Regards

Craig McGowan

bruce moulds

Re: NRAA Sub Committees

#2 Postby bruce moulds » Thu May 30, 2019 8:00 am

still no sub committees for
membership
finance
promotion of disciplines
raising the profile of nraa.
what we see is more of the same while the ship both sinks and burns at the same time.
the subjects just mentioned do not seem to come into the nraa culture, and as such should probably be better handled by professionals.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

ajvanwyk

#3 Postby ajvanwyk » Thu May 30, 2019 8:39 am

bruce moulds wrote:still no sub committees for
membership
finance
promotion of disciplines
what we see is more of the same while the ship both sinks and burns at the same time.
the subjects just mentioned do not seem to come into the nraa culture, and as such should probably be better handled by professionals.
bruce.

Bruce,

I will be facilitating some of the sub committees that you are referring to. Notification will shortly be sent through to the state and territories to be distributed to membership.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Craig McGowan

#4 Postby Craig McGowan » Thu May 30, 2019 8:53 am

Bruce,

Thank you for your feedback. I will happily present your views to the board at the next meeting.

Given that your views on this, and every other topic in this public forum, might I suggest that you approach your S&T association and raise your hand to be considered at the next round of Board elections.

Change can only be effected by those who turn up.

Kind Regards

jasmay

#5 Postby jasmay » Thu May 30, 2019 11:43 am

bruce moulds wrote:still no sub committees for
membership
finance
promotion of disciplines
bruce.

Bruce, whilst I appreciate you pointing out other areas of improvement required, don’t you think it’s great to see action taking place and change commencing.

This is a great initiative and I applaud the new board for ushering in this change, and look forward to the future progress.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

J....

bruce moulds

#6 Postby bruce moulds » Thu May 30, 2019 6:30 pm

craig,
sorry if this offended.
offence was not intended.
as you know, I have posted many ideas about where the nraa can improve.
these include raising money through an online store that starts selling things like hats, which promote the organization.
treating our disciplines and the organization as products and selling them has also been mentioned - probably professionally.
distancing our image from that of nra usa has also been mentioned.
I have always said that the nraa has not been able to see the real world for rules and competitions, and wondered why.
it would appear that some or all of these problems might now be coming to the fore and might be addressed, thanks to the likes of you.
believe me, I am on the side of anyone who sees and addresses our imminent death.
apologies again.
bruce.

bsouthernau

#7 Postby bsouthernau » Fri May 31, 2019 8:54 am

Just a point of clarification Craig, are you forming one selection sub-committee or four? I'd have thought one was enough but the more I read the notice the more it reads like one for each discipline.

Barry

Josh Cox

#8 Postby Josh Cox » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:31 am

So Bruce, which positions will you be volunteering for ?

bruce moulds

#9 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:27 pm

josh,
an easy blow to strike.
as a member of nraa, and one who has put a lot of thought into these matters, I have as much right as any other member to express an opinion.
to some, the board is "in charge", or "in control".
this has been the tendancy in the past as I see it.
it was my belief that now this culture was about to go away, and that positive input would be recognized for what its intent is.
now that I understand I am actually a second class member of the nraa, and not one of the "in group" maybe I should reconsider offering what I consider to be constructive thinking.
you comment makes me feel like a federal member of parliament who was kicked out for suggesting that aust leave the british commonwealth by his colleagues.
it is also a basic reply of the old garde whenever anyone offers an opinion.
I have already apologised for the poor way I expressed my opinion, but the fact remains that I have the right to it.
how do you feel about my suggestions?
bruce.

Return to “General Forum”