RIFLES

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

John E

Re: Scopes for sale

#16 Postby John E » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am

Grumpy wrote:I would sincerely like to thank all of the particapants in this debate.You have expressed yourselves in a straght ford and honest manner. I would have expected no less. Thankyou all once again. Now without doubt all of the f/std shooters will finally know the how and why and where our new rules came from. Sincerely. Grant Moore. Q04640.

Grumpy,
where have you been? The process of drawing up the FSTD Rules was transparent right from the start. NRAA publicly called for nominations to form a committee, which was duly elected from those who expressed their interest, and this committee drew up a set of proposed rules and put them up for public comment. They were placed on this forum, distributed to State Associations to be passed on to their members, and were published in the Target magazine. State Associations were also asked for their FS contacts so that the draft rules could be sent directly to these people to get their comments --- unfortunately a couple of State Associations did not respond --- but it was still in the public forum to enable the members to have an input into the final Rules. There was no secret agenda.
Have a look back through this forum and also in the Target magazine, and you will see the spirited debate that went into this exercise.
The committee consisted of Bernie Davis from NQ, whom you know, Adam Davies and myself, from Victoria. The final set of Rules that we recommended to NRAA was the result of the concensus of opinion of the members across Australia. They may not suit everyone right down to the last little thing, but we can all live with them, and I am certainly not ashamed to sign my name to them.
I like to think that the other upside to the exercise was that we ( the committee members ) have made a lot of contacts across Australia, some of whom we have met, and they are all new friends that we would not otherwise have made.
I trust that this explains to you exactly how the FS Rules came about, in fact it also applies to the FO Rules.
John

Return to “General Forum”