ACT Authorized Instructor - Canberra Queens

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

pfc15

Re: ACT Authorized Instructor - Canberra Queens

#16 Postby pfc15 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Trevor unfortunately not (despite our logic saying yes). Every year (JULY post AGM) we have to write the AFP and nominate people to be instructors. The ACT has some interesting quirks re Firearms Legislation and this is one of them. We also have to wait 28 days for every new PTA even if you have a rifle in the safe. It is what it is....

Josh - glad you called them. I'm not surprised with your answer. If we could help we would, but all of our 'doers' are the instructors and will be tied up helping with the Queens. Have you asked VICPOL when her licence will be ready?

bsouthernau

#17 Postby bsouthernau » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:33 am

Probably easier all round if she just waits until her licence comes through or shoots in another jurisdiction where anyone licensed can supervise. How about going to Warrnambool?

Weairy

#18 Postby Weairy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:39 am

bsouthernau wrote:Probably easier all round if she just waits until her licence comes through or shoots in another jurisdiction where anyone licensed can supervise. How about going to Warrnambool?

Probably would've been easier if she called the DFO and attended the course 4 months ago when I told her to #-o
I've already booked accommodation and paid my entry for Canberra - it's my first crack at a Queens, so I'm not changing that plan!
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

ben_g

#19 Postby ben_g » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:08 pm

ACT queens is good fun and a well run event. You’ll enjoy yourself!!

Are you shooting the lead up as well??

Tim N likes to make the lead up his 6mm event to give the rest of us a chance!!

Weairy

#20 Postby Weairy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Nah, I’m not shooting the lead up. The old man is, but someone has to stay home and make sure the company keeps moving apparently. Looking forward to it though
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

Return to “General Forum”