NRAA QUEENS / Australian Championships

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: NRAA QUEENS / Australian Championships

#61 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:04 am

Thank you Scott.

And yes if it was tacked onto the end of a Queens, some other competitors and locals would hang around to watch, and it would be well worth watching seeing all (or close to) Australia's best side by side battling it out.

If this did come to fruition, one thing I would like to see is the name National Championship refer to this event rather than to the National Queens, which I believe has only recently acquired that title. The National Queens may well remain our most prestigious event, but by its nature not as appropriate for the term championship.

Quick,

There's no doubt that Belmont is currently the Rolls Royce range, so that's in its favour, but like the State Teams event, politics would play a big part in any discussions about location. The problem with changing anything about the National Queens is that a large proportion of our number do not like change. I know some people who still boycott the National Queens because they thought it should have stayed in Canberra! So my approach would be leave the National Queens as is, and create a new event, with location and frequency to be debated (vigorously :D ).

scott/r

#62 Postby scott/r » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:23 am

AlanF wrote:Thank you Scott.

And yes if it was tacked onto the end of a Queens, some other competitors and locals would hang around to watch, and it would be well worth watching seeing all (or close to) Australia's best side by side battling it out.

If this did come to fruition, one thing I would like to see is the name National Championship refer to this event rather than to the National Queens, which I believe has only recently acquired that title. The National Queens may well remain our most prestigious event, but by its nature not as appropriate for the term championship.

Quick,

There's no doubt that Belmont is currently the Rolls Royce range, so that's in its favour, but like the State Teams event, politics would play a big part in any discussions about location. The problem with changing anything about the National Queens is that a large proportion of our number do not like change. I know some people who still boycott the National Queens because they thought it should have stayed in Canberra! So my approach would be leave the National Queens as is, and create a new event, with location and frequency to be debated (vigorously :D ).

That would be cool having everyone who had won a Queen's (or state championship) for the year battle it out after the Canberra Queen's (being the last one of the year). It could be like a national champion of champions.
Scott.

sungazer

#63 Postby sungazer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:31 pm

To me the National Queens is just a second Queens held in Queensland luck for the Queenslanders on having both or a choice of dates.

One question I think that should be asked as it is "Our Money Jan" is the National Queens making a profit or is it costing the organization money. I think most of the money that the NRAA has should be spent with a view to benefit the majority of its members. If we had 20 times the membership and funds then that requirement is not such a factor in my view.

Return to “Events”