Does anyone know who “Barrosa 222” is on accurate shooter forum? Also a user on this forum.

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

jasmay

Does anyone know who “Barrosa 222” is on accurate shooter forum? Also a user on this forum.

#1 Postby jasmay » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:08 pm

As title says, does anyone know who the use Barrosa 222 is on accurate shooter?
Last edited by jasmay on Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jasmay

Re: Does anyone know who “Barrosa 222” is on accurate shooter forum?

#2 Postby jasmay » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Also a user in this forum...

Peterla

#3 Postby Peterla » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:22 am

Hi Yes I know who the Barossa 222
He lives not far from me as I live in the Barossa too.

Do you need to contact him for some reason?

Pete

jasmay

#4 Postby jasmay » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:36 am

Peterla wrote:Hi Yes I know who the Barossa 222
He lives not far from me as I live in the Barossa too.

Do you need to contact him for some reason?

Pete

Yes, feel free to pass on my email & phone numbers.

I would like to get his take on an issue that has been raised and follow up in regards to how it has been addressed.

Mozzie

Re: Does anyone know who “Barrosa 222” is on accurate shooter forum? Also a user on this forum.

#5 Postby Mozzie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Curiosity got the better of me , I just read Barossa 222 post on accurate shooter. Interesting ?
My truck doesn’t run on love, it runs on diesel.
However, I love my rifle and it runs on lead. #-o

Punti

Re: Does anyone know who “Barrosa 222” is on accurate shooter forum? Also a user on this forum.

#6 Postby Punti » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:17 am

Barrosa 222 number (removed)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jasmay

#7 Postby jasmay » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:14 am

Punti wrote:Barrosa 222 number(Removed)

Hi Mick, hope all is well.

Can I ask what the context is of the photo? i.e. purpose/meaning of it?

williada

#8 Postby williada » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Can't believe someone's number is published on this site without their express permission! Private email is the way to approach people, especially with all the wackos out there. Totally irresponsible and should be removed.

jasmay

#9 Postby jasmay » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:10 pm

williada wrote:Can't believe someone's number is published on this site without their express permission! Private email is the way to approach people, especially with all the wackos out there. Totally irresponsible and should be removed.

I think Mick may have had that permission, based on a phone call I had with him today.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

GrahamW

#10 Postby GrahamW » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:08 pm

jasmay wrote:
williada wrote:Can't believe someone's number is published on this site without their express permission! Private email is the way to approach people, especially with all the wackos out there. Totally irresponsible and should be removed.

I think Mick may have had that permission, based on a phone call I had with him today.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Permission or not.... posting a phone number on a public forum IS risky for many reasons.
I have removed it and will consult with Alan as to whether it is returned.

P.S. jasmay, as you have already been in touch, it should have no effect on you contacting Barrossa 222

cheech

#11 Postby cheech » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:16 pm

I find comments about phone numbers quite contradictory as I see plenty in the “ for sale “ section ........just saying

GrahamW

#12 Postby GrahamW » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:24 pm

cheech wrote:I find comments about phone numbers quite contradictory as I see plenty in the “ for sale “ section ........just saying

Yep, I agree.... but those numbers are generally posted by the the owner of the number..... their choice, and I'm sure many of them have regretted it afterwards.

:roll:

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:28 pm

Thanks Graham. Yes the only situation where you should post detailed personal contact info of someone else is when you have their express permission to do so.

williada

#14 Postby williada » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Cheech, I spoke to a senior detective on Saturday about these issues and theft is more widespread than you think with undesirables being more sophisticated with data matching to find where you live.

A few years back my wife's and my own gear were stolen by forced entry. Fortunately the culprits were caught and prosecuted but our gear was never recovered. Their information source came from published information. Just a couple of years ago a mate and his wife were held at gunpoint and forced to open their safe. Fortunately they were not bashed. Last year my bother-in-law living in the sticks had his gear stolen by people in the know. These guys were also caught.

Now we face a political agenda where the data becomes valuable for some to disrupt our lives. People need to pay attention to their security.

williada

#15 Postby williada » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:58 am

Just want to add something a little different. I bought a "Teslong" bore scope which is great direct from the Chinese supplier using their online facility, but I observed the paperwork had my IP address on it which I had not supplied. Interesting. Changed my computer passwords.

Return to “General Forum”