Today's Announcements

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Bigtravoz

Re: Today's Announcements

#16 Postby Bigtravoz » Mon May 11, 2020 7:31 pm

AlanF wrote:Well done Dave. Looks quite clear cut for Victoria to me. We might bounce it off the Rosedale police.

No need it’s all there in black and white. I would recommend you call a committee meeting, even if you have to hold it outside and organise the necessary implementations to make it happen.

ajvanwyk

#17 Postby ajvanwyk » Mon May 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Attached information from the NRAA for distribution to all members:
NRAA COVID 19 Update 11 May 2020.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

ajvanwyk

#18 Postby ajvanwyk » Mon May 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Attached information from Shooting Australia for distribution to all members:
SHOOTING-AUSTRALIA-LEAD-THE-WAY-COVID-19-4.1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

bsouthernau

#19 Postby bsouthernau » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am

Clause 9(2)(d)(ii) of the set of Victorian directions coming into effect on Wednesday stipulates that exercise must not be "as part of an organised competition". So we are well within our rights to go out and shoot but best not compare scores at the end of the day and declare somebody the winner!!!

Wingnut

#20 Postby Wingnut » Tue May 12, 2020 10:13 am

Guys and girls. I cannot speak for any other state but SA. We have spoken to our firearms branch and clarified the fact that we can have “up to a group of ten per target” providing every group is seperate from the next. To achieve this it has been proposed shooting on every other target so there is some natural spacing. Further, restricting it to one person on the mound per target at any given time should mean that people shooting are naturally safer. Clubrooms to be closed for any purposes other than payment of fees and maybe a takeaway drink or food.

The hard thing is ensuring those waiting their turn are doing the right thing. Unfortunately in my experience someone will stuff it up for the rest of us as they won’t be able to abide by a simple rule.

I’d suggest seeking clarification from your authorities and get it in writing.

scott/r

#21 Postby scott/r » Thu May 14, 2020 8:05 am

scott/r wrote:
Rich4 wrote:Qld should be open from 12 June apparently, subject to hygiene restrictions of course, I think it will be up to individual clubs to have some sort of management plan in place though.

Rich4, did you mean 12th May? Hopefully June was a mistake.
QRA President has said on a club's facebook page info will be sent directly to clubs in a couple of days.
Hopefully it's good info because I'm starting to itch pretty bad.....
Scott.

I was really hoping that the 12 June was a mistake, but no it wasn't. Queensland don't go back until stage 2 which is the 12th June.
Maybe if they open the boarders again we can sneek over to nsw or nt. :roll:

scott/r

#22 Postby scott/r » Fri May 15, 2020 2:27 pm

It may be sooner rather than later for Queensland. Keep an eye on the QRA website. New info as of last night refering to midnight tonight.
Oh, and gun shops and smiths can operate as of midnight tonight as well.

scott/r

#23 Postby scott/r » Fri May 15, 2020 4:45 pm

Fuck me, 12 June still stands for Queensland ranges. The only reason I can see for it is the the idiots supposedly running the state (the gumbyment, not QRA) class shooting as a formal sport because we are licenced participants. Fuckers.
Rant over.
Scott.

Rich4

#24 Postby Rich4 » Sun May 17, 2020 9:29 pm

So it looks like sight in/ load dev is ok, but no organised competition until the 12th, subject to social distancing/hygiene procedures in place etc, also depends on your local club

Return to “General Forum”