Selling Ammunition in Queensland

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Willy

Selling Ammunition in Queensland

#1 Postby Willy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi All,
I'm trying to work out whether the rules in Queensland prohibit me from selling my surplus ammunition privately. Have any of you got some reliable information on this? It's not worth getting in trouble over, but it's a couple of hundred bucks worth of ammo that I will never shoot, I could use that money to fund other fun things like a new scope.

Thanks!

Rich4

Re: Selling Ammunition in Queensland

#2 Postby Rich4 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:27 pm

Not legal advice, but in Qld I would think provided you took a copy of the buyers FL and no postage you would be fine, not sure about selling handloads? I’d be nervous myself, I might make some enquiries myself as I’d like to recover some as well

Tim L

#3 Postby Tim L » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:22 am

Just to point you in the right direction. The sale of ammunitionin QLD is covered under the QLD Explosives Act and Regs.
For reference, just think about what you have to do to buy it. That is the process in practice.

saum2

#4 Postby saum2 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:05 am

As above what Tim said. selling factory ammo is fine but must be to an appropriately Licensed Firearm user for the ammo.
I believe loaded ammo, powder & primers cannot be posted in Aust. So hand delivered and sighting Firearm License or to a LFD.

Return to “General Forum”