Here We Go Again

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

toshie

distance is the problem

#16 Postby toshie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Up here in Darwin we had too move the range to make way for a new road and ended up with the mickett ck. shooting complex. It has three clubs occuping three differant ranges all top class facilitys complements of the state goverment.
The crux of the matter is the land was avaliable and it backed onto quite useless wetlands so it was no real loss in real estate and no one is going to try to develop the safety area.
Now to put this into perspective pick up the paper and look at the cost of a 800 sq block within 100km of anzac range. Yep little kev has to find the money to pay for all the kids computers from somewere and it just so happens that a minority sport is useing land worth at least 100 million.
The closest land to replace anzac is at penreth, royal national park, or hornsby.
If we lose Anzac all the city clubs are finished, the replacement range will be too far away to be practiable. Anyone who drives around sydney on a saterday will cringe at the prospect of one or three hours drive to have a shoot.
The only way to avoid this is to get vocal and loud and most of all get the media looking our way.
Little kev and his tree hugging mates would have to play ball then or thay will look like the bullies that thay were calling the last goverment.
If you give a inch you will loose it all.
The nut behind the butt.

AlanF

#17 Postby AlanF » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:02 am

Some seem to think Holsworthy Army Base is a likely site. I believe the relocation talks have been going on for a long while, and Holsworthy was the main candidate at one stage. Its about 30km SW of Sydney c.f. Malabar approx 10km SE. So while it would no doubt upset those living close to Malabar, things could be much worse (as they were when Williamstown closed in Melbourne - apparently no Govt compensation, and no close alternative site provided).

Mind you I'm not sticling up for either major party on this. The Shooters Party is the only one who genuinely supports shooters - when it comes to the crunch the others will only support us if it means votes.

Alan

balcom

Re: Malabar

#18 Postby balcom » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:36 pm

Tom Lowndes wrote:Alan

Senator Bill Heffernan has been a presenter at the last 3 NSWRA Queens,and the previous Gov were with keeping Malabar.

I think you are a bit unfair saying the major parties both dont care,when it is obvious the one was prepared to support Malabar,and it is obvious that the other one couldnt care less.

Whilst the Shooters Party may be with us,I fear they are too small a voice.

Tom Lowndes

Hello Tom,
Its nice to think we can/will/maybe support the past Government for thier help in keeping Anzac Range but they DID NOT SIGN the paperwork, did they and they had plenty of time, so I think that the both parties dont want us.
PeterH

Ken L

#19 Postby Ken L » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:01 pm

Dont tell me that the statement that the range was safe that was circulated a while ago was based on a promiss of a politician prior to an election. Without it being signed sealed and delivered.
:oops: :roll: :shock:

ozfarm

#20 Postby ozfarm » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:50 pm

how to tell if a politicians lying

there lips move....................

Peter Hulett

#21 Postby Peter Hulett » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:08 pm

All is not lost. We had a visit today from an NSWRA committee member and apparently all is not closed off yet. They are a number of years before relocation occurs and there is a lot of political decision making necessary to make it happen.

Malabar may well be in operation for a considerable time yet.

Cheers

Peter Hulett

Return to “General Forum”