Starting Shooting

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Chris

Starting Shooting

#1 Postby Chris » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Hi and thanks for this informative website.

Just a note & I know you are unpaid(!) but how long before the link to "Starting Shooting" is available?

I and a few friends have been reading up on F Class wherever we can, and would like to get started but not sure where & how!

regards
Chris
Perth WA

#2 Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:43 pm

Hi Chris

There are a few of us F-class shooters competing at the Swanbourne range in Perth on Saturday afternoons. You and your friends are more than welcome to come for a chat, see what goes on, and put some holes in targets. I'm sure we can get you started. Send me a PM and we can tee up a meeting at the range.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on the posts here for some good info.

best regards

Mark

Mark Hamersley

#3 Postby Mark Hamersley » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:46 pm

Aaargh!

Posting without logging in doesn't work well - must engage brain first.

Chris see my post above which came through as "guest" rather than Mark Hamersley

I hope to hear from you.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Postby Administrator » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:07 am

Chris,

Sounds like you've been lucky enough to get the attention of one of the top F-Open shooters in your state. I hope it all works out.

Mark,

Thanks for that. One of the main aims of this website is to help attract new shooters. The Starting Shooting section of the site has been left till last, and probably shouldn't have been. Because some aspects of this section will be State specific, I'm intending to do Victoria first (hopefully within a week), then ask for help from someone from each other state. Depending on who puts their hands up and how quickly they can provide the info, hopefully we can have it fully functional within a few weeks.

Alan Fraser
ozfclass.com

Tony Q

#5 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi Chris and welcome to F class, the guys in WA will look after you for sure ... put you on the right path for long range shooting skills and training

Hope to see your name pop up in the results colums from time to time

Chris

#6 Postby Chris » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:25 pm

Thanks Mark and everyone for your kind offers of assistance. Looking forward to meeting you, will be in touch.

Regards
Chris

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:34 pm

To all,

The Victorian section of Starting Shooting is now complete (apart from the addition of some contact details, which will hopefully be added soon). I'm hoping to get some of you from other States to put your hands up to supply the equivalent information for your own States. All that is needed is details of the differences, and that will be enough to do another State page. It would be preferable to have a single person from each other State do it, or otherwise there may be confusion about who's doing what etc. As offers of assistance come in, I'll make them known on this thread. There has already been a kind offer from SA, so that leaves WA, NT, Qld, NSW, ACT and Tas.

Remember this should be of direct benefit in attracting new members to your clubs, so the sooner it is done the better. Please PM me or E-mail the webmaster if you can help. Thanks.

Alan :)

S.Scheske

#8 Postby S.Scheske » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:37 pm

*Points At Tony Q* You will do it for S.A wont you tony... :lol:
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

Lynn Otto

#9 Postby Lynn Otto » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:54 am

Hi Sam

Trev already has this well under way but he would appreciate any imput or ideas to include in the SA page

Lynn Otto

bigbore

F class shooting in Perth

#10 Postby bigbore » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:49 pm

Chris...

Swanbourne Range offers disciplines in both Open F class (to 8mm calibre) and Standard F class (5.56 or7.62 calibres) and we have some of the best shots in Australia and would welcome you to us.

You can ask for Tony W, Bill H or Geoff O at our Perth Club and would be keen to get you up and running.

See you on Saturday afternoons

Regards Geoff

Return to “General Forum”