sara queens-what went wrong?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

sara queens-what went wrong?

#1 Postby bruce moulds » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:29 am

hi,
first off,let me say that 05 sara queens was the most fun i've had at a queens. but i shoot open.
std shooters also had fun, with jim freebairn shooting a 96 & a 97 onthe open target-not bad for a young bloke.
however, there was only one standard shooter from interstate, compared to quite a few last year, & he will not come back to the champ target.
s.a. missed a golden marketing opportunity.
the reason for this is that all sa shooters were asked their target preference for fstd in the queens, & this was respected by sara, even though most of these people have never shot a prize shoot.
sara accepted this because of the way it was presented to them, which was based on a lack of being in touch with the big picture. sara deserves credit for their willingness to support fclass in such an open way, which puts the ball in our court to fulfill our end of the job & get things right.
one of the benefits of this website is the knowledge available to those who care to learn, giving them a greater oppertunity to put their personal dogmas second tho what is really needed.
just my opinion,
bruce.
p.s. matt,
i haven't sold my soul to the devil-just become a realist.
i won't even berate benches or 4 lug actions anymore. older=wiser=pragmatic. the information learned here has brought home that there are many different strokes for many different folks, & none of us has the right to dominate others.
i now see the situation the nra is in & pity them.
regards,
bruce.

Yogi

#2 Postby Yogi » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:54 am

Good to see that you got home all right with your eye problems Bruce.

What Strandard shooters now need to do is to get together and discuss whether they wish to continue down the Championship Target Road or revert to Full Bore targets. The option is theirs and S.A.R.A. is their vehicle to make the changes that they want.

Maybe they should all get together somewhere and fully discuss the pros & cons of each target, now that they have experienced both types in big competition, and get the F Class representative on State Council to put their case for next year's Queens as soon as possible, not at the last minute.

By the way Bruce, well done on the Gold Medal.

I also hear that Lynn Otto and Simon Campanella have crook necks from carrying around all the medals that they took out. Well done guys & gals.

Return to “General Forum”