Gun Stolen

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Ken L

Gun Stolen

#1 Postby Ken L » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:32 pm

A well known shooter from Lithgo (I believe) had his caravan broken into while it was parked on the Malabar Range while they were having dinner elsewhere.
Thewindows were broken and a TV, Microwave were stolen as was his target rifle less the bolt and ammo that were still locked in his car.
Now to add insult to injury the Police have confiscated his firearms licence and had Lithgo police attempt to confiscate his other firearms. This failed as the shooter had local a club armourer take possession of his other firearms before the police got there, so at least they are in safe hands.
Now it seems that the thief/s may well get away with the crime but the victim will be prosecuted to the extend of the law.

Now thats *$@%&&* justice for you. :x :evil:

Cochran

#2 Postby Cochran » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:45 pm

I realize ya'lls gun laws are more restrictive than ours but what did this guy do to be prosecuted ? Thats messed up.

Jeff
Texas

Tony Q

#3 Postby Tony Q » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:15 pm

I wont mention any names but after the Canbera Queens one of our SA Fullbore shooters got back from the shoot late at night, left his rifle locked in the car in his driveway and it was stolen.

The Police gave him a caution.

I dont know if the bolt was taken also.

What you have written realy sucks and looks like safes will have to be fitted in our cars and caravans ... wait and see :roll:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Ken L

#4 Postby Ken L » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:26 am

Cochran wrote:I realize ya'lls gun laws are more restrictive than ours but what did this guy do to be prosecuted ? Thats messed up.

Jeff
Texas

He didn't make it secure that it couldn't be stolen.
The anti gun loby are making life hard so as to drive honest shooters into other activities. The way things are going this nation will become a haven for druggies looking for a quick fix.

Return to “General Forum”