problems in f class and 1000yd br

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ian

problems in f class and 1000yd br

#1 Postby ian » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:27 am

FWIW

the following comments are offered regarding recent exchanges in these forums.
make of them what you will
1) this is an open public forum which is accessed by unknown numbers of people from australia and around the world
2)comments made on these forums can influence greatly the perception and opinions of those reading the forums, not only what is said, but also perceived opinions of the credibility and respect for the forum speakers.
3)disagreements and arguements are sadly a part of life,but surely the participants could contact each other off line ( ever heard of phones, face to face, mesage sticks or smoke signals)rather than air their grievances or dirty linen in public, as seen in the last few days and at other times,
this open abuse does little for the image of fclass or the credibilty of those that are arguing.
ever wonder if this could be inhibiting or making potential shooters think twice about becoming involved or taking up f class?
4)regarding the 1000yd situation in canberra
how about the decision makers in canberra overcome the insecurity, petty jealouslys, immaturity or whatever it is that ails them and for the sake of the image of the sport and the forgotten term "SPORTMANSHIP", update the records, publicly display results and give recognition to any records that are broken or any other substantial achievements.
insular attitudes and selfishness can only hamper the acceptance, popularity and reputation of this sport among australian shooters.

it does not worry me if the above comments make some want to shoot the messenger, but before you lock and load, at least think about what is said or check with shooters in the "know" on the above situations.

ian

Tony Z

#2 Postby Tony Z » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:25 pm

ed 8 /1/06
Last edited by Tony Z on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:26 pm

...it to me is only benchrested FC...

Obviously, the only refers to the benchrested and not the FC :wink: !

Tony Z

#4 Postby Tony Z » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:46 pm

ed 8/1/06
Last edited by Tony Z on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ian

problems in fclass and 1000yd br

#5 Postby ian » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:32 pm

tony z
sir
to explain, i have no real knowledge or experience in either fclass or 1000br
my reason for commentating on this forum was instigated by my atention being drawn to the topic heading about possible "new records in 1000br" quite a while ago. (also, i maybe misguided, but i thought that the australian tradition in any sport was to acknowledge and congatulate any worthy achievements.)
the original topic heading was to me an attention getting,genuine and interesting question.the lack of response to such a straight forward and simple question i found to be most unusual ( and still does). surely canberra shooters do still use this forum, so why could it be such a difficult job to confirm or deny the original question?
subsequent and i believe to be very acccurate information has confirmed that new records have been set in 1000br over a number of years but is this is not mentioned by canberra.
my use of the term SPORTSMANSHIP was instigated by this situation.
due to modern technology, communication has never been easier or so varied and hand in hand with this, it should not be expecting to much for results to be quickly posted, records changed as needed and future competitions advertised. many other sports can do this easily, so why not shooting?

ian

Tony Z

#6 Postby Tony Z » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:44 pm

ed 8/1/06
Last edited by Tony Z on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:41 pm

Ian,

Firstly, thanks for your well-intentioned comments regarding etiquette and behaviour on the forums. I agree it looks bad - unfortunately some people enjoy stirring, and others don't seem to have enough the self-control to resist having a go back. You can't stop people from disagreeing, but if you ban people at the drop of hat, you end up with no "energy" on the forum - a bit like a party without any idiots :mrgreen:! However if the personal abuse goes too far, then people are going to find themselves in the sin bin.

Regarding BR results from Canberra, I don't intend posting them on our Results pages - they have there own website http://www.actbenchrest.com for that. There is an E-mail address on their homepage if you want to ask them to post the recent 1000yd results.

Tony Z,

I've never shot benchrest, but from what I've read, it doesn't surprise me if some group averages are worse with spotting of shots. Particularly in Light Gun where there are only :wink: 5 shots, shooting BR you could wait for the right conditions then "machinegun" your 5 record shots - with spotting you are at the mercy of the marker to spot quickly. I would expect scores to be much better with spotted shots - particularly in HG.

Alan :)

Tony Q

#8 Postby Tony Q » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:13 pm

Welcome Ian.

Unfortunately its very difficult to ignore personal or incorrect inferences directed at you. I think that while some things can be ignored some things cannot as doing so it can ‘confirm’ what is being written as true… when its not.

But again, welcome to Ozfclass.

We are not a bad bunch even though it may look like it. This is a first for us, to talk across the country and as such there is 6 years of pent up frustration being poured out.

I’m sure it will settle down .. RIGHT GUYS!

And .. as Alan said.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Return to “General Forum”