New/Looking at starting

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

MidolS

New/Looking at starting

#1 Postby MidolS » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:25 am

Hey.

I have only ever shot a gun twice and have been reading up on different classes of shooting and I have narrowed it down to two, and I am pretty certain I want to look futher into F-Class shooting.

I am only 17 right now (18 in a few weeks) but I am in no rush to join and start up. I want to research sufficiently first.

I have been researching for a few nights and can't find alot of info on it, only that it is long range and very few shooting ranges cater for F-Class shooting.

I am located in QLD and was woundering if anyone knows of a good club/range close to the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane/Noosa area that I can ring, have a chat to about this.

As I understand I have to do a course on gun safety to get a license or am I miss-understanding something here? Will all clubs be able to do this?

Also, what would be the entry costs on this, licenses I figure are about $100-$150 and how much would a beginners gun cost? Finding these prices online are incredibly hard and want to know how much I should be saving for.

So if anyone has any general info, praise of this class, ideas, sites for reading, anything at all feel free to post it for me. I can kind of see I am asking for a bit of spoon feeding here but researching this is proving hard for me as to search effectively one must know exactly what he is searching for.

Cheers.

balcom

new shooter

#2 Postby balcom » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:45 am

Hi, get in touch with the Qld Rifle Assoc on 33984309, the range is at Belmont in Brisbane, they do range safety coarses etc and there are a few clubs there that shoot every saturday.
F class is very strong there as well, there is also a range at the Gold Coast,
Q R A will tell you where the ranges are in your area.
Good shooting in the future and we might see you on a range one day. :D
PeterH

Cameron Mc

#3 Postby Cameron Mc » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:11 pm

There is a rifle range at North Arm, Sunshine Coast. F Class is fairly strong there.
I will pm you a contact number. They have a very positive attitude towards new members.

Hope this helps, Cameron

MidolS

Friends.

#4 Postby MidolS » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:35 pm

Hey.

Another question, some friends want to start but they are poor right now and can't afford licenses, guns and such.

But can they come with me if I have my license and shoot my gun at the range or is that up to the club (Calling the number Cameron gave me tomorrow, didn't want to disturb anyone on the weekend) or do they need a license as well?

Ohh, another question, can they get a license and keep their firearms in my safe or do we all have to have our individual safes? If the latter then is there any reason I can't just purchase more than one gun and lend them one each time and they pay for ammo?

balcom

Midols

#5 Postby balcom » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:00 am

All your answers can be anwered by the Qld Rifle Assoc or Qld firearms registry.
PeterH

MidolS

Re: Midols

#6 Postby MidolS » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:31 pm

balcom wrote:All your answers can be anwered by the Qld Rifle Assoc or Qld firearms registry.
PeterH

I emailed the QLD Rifle Association like 2 weeks ago and they never responded, I followed the initial email up with another one 3 days ago and no response from that either.

Will head to the registry now.

Cheers.

balcom

#7 Postby balcom » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:38 pm

Ring Greg Rush at Qld Rifle Assoc, quicker than email.
peterH

Return to “General Forum”