Rifle Club FaceBook pages

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

DenisA

Rifle Club FaceBook pages

#1 Postby DenisA » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:36 am

G'day All,

It been a fair struggle, but I've finally been given the go ahead to get a club Face Book page up and running. It's here to stay provided that it doesn't pose any problems to the longer toothed members who are unsure about social media, etc.

I've started spreading the word amongst shooters about thre OPM via FB.

Could all forum members who have a FB page and believe in the importance of social media please support the decision to go with FB and "LIKE" our page.
And please invite FB friends to like it too.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/North ... 4331586596

........... and the OPM EVENT.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/453315501453936/

Thank you, I/we really appreciate your help.

As most would know, it can be really difficult trying to get "change" and growth in any type of club.

It's really appreciated, Denis.

RJNEILSEN

#2 Postby RJNEILSEN » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 pm

I'll like yours if you like mine :D

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-Rifle-Club/511997978814763

Cheers,
Ryan Neilsen
Pacific Rifle Club

aaronraad

#3 Postby aaronraad » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:33 pm

The more the merrier.

You could always move it to a closed discussion group facebook page whereby users need to apply for access authorisation.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

DenisA

#4 Postby DenisA » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:44 pm

RJNEILSEN wrote:I'll like yours if you like mine :D

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-Rifle-Club/511997978814763

Cheers,
Ryan Neilsen
Pacific Rifle Club

I've already liked your. :D

DenisA

#5 Postby DenisA » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Thank you to everyone thats visited and liked North Arm Rifle Clubs Facebook page.
Lots of people have got on board and keep in touch with a comment here and there.
Its turning out to be a fantastic way to reach out to the shooting community, get involved, see what other clubs are doing and easily chat to other shooters that you would not normally get to chat to. It's a great friendship builder and fits a club environment, like a glove.

The majority of our club was not interested in having a FB page for NARC. I finally convinced the President to let me get one together and trial it. If spawned the negativity that many older memebrs thought it might, we would tear it down.
Many of the older members have logged on for a look and LOVE IT. Some have started their own accounts and other non believers are considering an account.

FB pages for clubs are fantastic and work really well at keeping the community in touch.

Thanks again to those that helped get it going.

Congli23

Re: Rifle Club FaceBook pages

#6 Postby Congli23 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:49 pm

This is quite a useful post. Marketing in the modern age is quite beneficial for all kinds of businesses. But choosing right marketing options is the most necessary thing to get success. Even I did some research to pick the best options. At last opted for PPC and facebook ads services.

ajvanwyk

#7 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:07 pm

At the Rosedale Rifle Club we have run a Facebook page for the last 12 months or so. Since that time, the level of inquiry to the club has more than doubled and we have added almost 50% more members this year alone as compare to last year.

Does it work, absolutely ! However, like with anything else, it requires work to keep it current, relevant and interesting. Do this and you cannot fail, even if it's only to inform other shooters of events at your club.

Albert van Wyk
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

lonerider43

#8 Postby lonerider43 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:26 pm

we had our club secretary set one up last yr.
no idea how its going,i wont use FB or other such media.
getting a web site going seems to be much harder though.

i believe its "Gemfields Rifle Club" but i could be wrong ......

i think its a good way to get the word out,and will be a good thing for any club.
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

UL1700

#9 Postby UL1700 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 am

Like it or not, FB where you need to be to get public interest. As a small business owner I can invest $3000 to $4000 in a mailed flyer campaign and get 12 measurable responses (normally by way of providing a small discount with the flyer, yet more cost) or I can put up a FB post and get anywhere between 200 and 2000 interactions in a 24 hour period for zero cost or 20,000 for an investment of between $50 and a $100. Whist these may not directly turn into sales they certainly keep awareness up and for very little time or cost. If the page has public comment then sensible moderatorin is key. Too much and people think you have something to hide or are on a personal crusade and two little and it becomes a mud slinging match very quickly.

Return to “General Forum”