I'll be gone soon

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Sam Walker

#16 Postby Sam Walker » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:22 pm

It was certainly never intended to provide entertainment in the form of heated arguments, or opportunities to settle grudges. So if people who want the forum to allow that sort of rubbish decide to leave and go to other forums, then good luck to them. I'd rather have a small forum of members with some self-control. Shooting in Australia has enough of an uphill battle as it is without the sort of bad publicity that you would like to see allowed.

[/quote]

No Alan I wouldn't like to see that sort of stuff allowed, and never suggested anything of the sort - nobody has as far as I can see. I frequent a couple of other forums that are Oz based and don't have any of that negative stuff. I don't find heated arguments entertaining.
What I would like to see is some middle ground between heavy handed censorship and all the other rubbish.
What I don't like to see is people getting shafted by unethical businesses or stuffed around with bad service. Not everybody has been around long enough to be "in the know" about who to deal with or who not to deal with.
I have been on the serving side of the counter in a retail business providing sales, repairs , servicing, and hard to get parts. It's surprisingly easy to give good quality service that has word of mouth bringing customers in from far and wide.
I was mainly annoyed about the thread being deleted because I never got to read it for myself.

Sam

AlanF

#17 Postby AlanF » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:55 pm

Sam Walker wrote:...What I don't like to see is people getting shafted by unethical businesses or stuffed around with bad service. Not everybody has been around long enough to be "in the know" about who to deal with or who not to deal with...

I think that's fair comment. What I'd suggest for those who don't want to be caught, they are welcome to describe what they want to have done on the technical forum, and ask for suggestions for a good gunsmith to do the work. And if someone wants to warn them off a particular dealer or gunsmith, as Jeff suggested there is E-mail or PMs as a way of doing that.

Alan

Return to “General Forum”