Choice ? F Class or Metallic Rifle Silhouette

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

leadlauncher

Choice ? F Class or Metallic Rifle Silhouette

#1 Postby leadlauncher » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:04 pm

G.day All.

Question. I want to shoot Rifles, for enjoyment, competition, and be an average competitor. I have been looking around some forums about Big Bore and F Class. I have formed an impression that F Class, for example, requires a rifle capable of much more accuracy than that required for metallic Rifle Silhouette. Understanding that for RMRS, there is a maximum distance of 500 metres v 900 + metres for F Class, what do you think about the skill level required? Do you think that all in all, enjoyment for dollars and equipment, satisfaction etc, that there is an advantage, one disclipine over the other?

cheers
Leadlauncher

Roy cobb

Re: Choice ? F Class or Metallic Rifle Silhouette

#2 Postby Roy cobb » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:20 pm

There is no advantage one over the other it would come down to witch one you like better than the other You could shoot Metallic Rifle Silhouette with the rifle you have and shoot F class with the same rifle and have just as much fun, and try to improve on your own scores each shoot you may never win F open with it but that's not what your there to do.

jcinsa

#3 Postby jcinsa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Leadlauncher,

Do you prefer to shoot offhand , or prone ?

Myself, I prefer shooting F Class from the prone position.

Try each, and see what rocks your boat.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble borrowing a suitable rifle from someone on the range.

Regards

John
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

BenW

#4 Postby BenW » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:19 pm

So Leadlauncher have you had a chance to try either of the competition's. I used to shoot RMS but now only shoot F class as I could only shoot RMS at Canberra but F class in town so as much as I loved shooting RMS comes down to availability for me. Love each comp both are as hard as each other in there own ways. You can use a F class rifle but it would end up being very tiresome by the end of the match. I shot it with a T3 lite in 6.5x55 and only a 9 power scope, which amazingly is what I started shooting F Class cause it was the most accurate hunting rifle I have. I now have an omark in 308 for F std good old girl that shoots better than I can and didn't break the bank to get started.

Return to “General Forum”