Jim Andrews is 100 and still a Club Member

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bobeager

Jim Andrews is 100 and still a Club Member

#1 Postby bobeager » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:50 am

Jim Andrews, a Goulburn Rifle Club Life Member is celebrating his 100th Birthday with a little get together at the Soldiers club. Until recently, Jim could be seen at the local shops proudly wearing his NSW State Rifle Team "baggy blue".

Happy Birthday Jim, from the members of the Goulburn RC

sullivan

Re: Jim Andrews is 100 and still a Club Member

#2 Postby sullivan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:20 pm

bobeager wrote:Jim Andrews, a Goulburn Rifle Club Life Member is celebrating his 100th Birthday with a little get together at the Soldiers club. Until recently, Jim could be seen at the local shops proudly wearing his NSW State Rifle Team "baggy blue".

Happy Birthday Jim, from the members of the Goulburn RC

What a surprise to hear of Jim Andrews And that he was 100 y o. Jim was the Captain of my first "official" fullbore club. You cannot imagine my surprise when he presented me with a serviette ring for scoring my first possible at 700 yards. That was in 1972 and it is still in my possesion. The last couple of days, while waiting for approval by the mods, has given me time to recall the members from that era.
Bill Nichols who allowed me to buy my first Omark on credit; something I had never done in my life before.
Ron Gardener who swore never to go easy on a fellow member if he caught them parked illegally.
The Fletcher "boys" :)
Austie Muffet
And not forgetting the legendary Andy Town.
Good on them all.

Return to “General Forum”