Safety Certification of Rifles

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Rowdy

Re: Safety Certification of Rifles

#16 Postby Rowdy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:55 am

Have also heard that another member has been slapped with a 12 month suspension for sticking up for the original member, with others also in the firing line, how they can get away with this is beyond comprehension!!!! :shock:

DMC

#17 Postby DMC » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 am

Rowdy wrote:Have also heard that another member has been slapped with a 12 month suspension for sticking up for the original member, with others also in the firing line, how they can get away with this is beyond comprehension!!!! :shock:

Great way to get attract new shooters ! =D> =D>

Razer

#18 Postby Razer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:22 am

Rowdy wrote:Have also heard that another member has been slapped with a 12 month suspension for sticking up for the original member, with others also in the firing line, how they can get away with this is beyond comprehension!!!! :shock:

The captain cannot get away with personal issues unrelated to the clubs constitution.
A committee meeting and a vote of no confidence in the captain should see his position terminated.

Musgrave

#19 Postby Musgrave » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Think this person should take a good look at them self
Letting personal opinions override clear thinking is a recipe for disaster
A great lesson in how to split a club ,Maybe they should stand down as the club is going to suffer
Bill

Longranger

#20 Postby Longranger » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Barry Davies wrote:Rifle is an Omark with all necessary modifications ( Retaining pin etc )
Investigations reveal the Captain has a personal problem with the Dealer/Armourer going back several years and apparently decided this was a good opportunity to get a bit back--at another members expense.
I think Malicious is the correct word.
Barry

That's nuts! :x

Roger68

#21 Postby Roger68 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:30 am

What is really sad about this mess is that after going to the Victorian Queens and guessing that the average for the competitors would have been at least 55 why would any new younger shooter bother to spend their time and cash to start our sport!
We don't need to worry about anyone taking our guns, we will just fade away because of the bickering and bulldust that tends to drive people away. With very few new people taking up our sport our numbers in clubs will continue to fall and the average age of members will increase and the viability of clubs will fade.Our ranges take up a fair area of land and these days it wont be long before someone wants to take over that land or crowd out our danger zones. Remember the saying "Divide and Conquer" we are doing the dividing whats left. Its about time we stopped having these silly little squabbles on our ranges and unite to be come a strong force of likeminded people. Perhaps our council should step in and settle this mess and finish it .

Barry Davies

#22 Postby Barry Davies » Sun May 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Spot on Roger. A request is going to the VRA this week to get involved but I think it's too late.
I personally would not encourage any young person to take up this sport and be subject to what the young lad ( and his backers ) at Castlemaine has had to endure.
Utter bloody bullshit.
Barry

ger

#23 Postby ger » Sun May 01, 2016 10:12 pm

I had two sons who were into shooting. One shot himself into A grade (TR) by the time he hit 17. University interrupted regular shooting for both him and his older brother but the death knell was an incident that had him labeling shooters as "grumpy old bastards" (putting it politely) and he wanted no part of it. There were some other factors also, but that one stuck in my mind after a particular incident.

Other son was about to hit A grade. But when Lyle left then Michael did also also. So two promising youngsters were lost to the sport and I'd say forever. The inertia is lost - I don't think either will take it up again in the future. I don't think this is an isolated incident - evident by what Barry has described - although the circumstances are a bit different. They are now both in their mid/late 20's so this happened quite some time ago. Seems like little has changed?

I still keep their rifles - I guess I will eventually have to sell them. They both think I'm nuts, BTW.

Geoff.

RAVEN

#24 Postby RAVEN » Mon May 02, 2016 8:55 am

OMG
:oops: :roll: :roll:
Maybe this captain needs some sort of certification

Roger68

#25 Postby Roger68 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:44 pm

I think the answer is in Ararat

Trevor Rhodes

#26 Postby Trevor Rhodes » Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 pm

I think it's time that people consider their impact on others who just want to enjoy shooting.
Last edited by Trevor Rhodes on Fri May 06, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Barry Davies

#27 Postby Barry Davies » Thu May 05, 2016 4:08 pm

Hey Trev,
Some people just want a pound of flesh.and don't particularly care who they hurt in the process. It's all about control. :(

Ducky

#28 Postby Ducky » Thu May 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi Guys, spoken to VRA couple days ago, they are already know about this and investigating the club
Kevin
Gatton-Glenore Grove Rifle Club Inc.
QRA NRAA

LoneRider

#29 Postby LoneRider » Thu May 12, 2016 10:25 pm

keep us posted,this sort of crap is ridiculous.
it does nothing but hurt our sport and all our clubs.

Omark44

#30 Postby Omark44 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:59 am

this sounds ridiculous and from a club captain is just wrong. he needs to be removed
from this position before he does any more damage not only to his own club but the
reputation of shooting in general. its all well and good to carry a grudge but to openly
display this attitude is completely out of order. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Return to “General Forum”