new to F class

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Mike Blacker

new to F class

#1 Postby Mike Blacker » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi All
I am interested in getting involved in F class, after been away from the shooting sports for a few years. My intention, initially, is to buy an Omark 308 and fit a picatinny rail with Leupold or Nightforce scope. Can anyone recomend a gunsmith in Qld, preferably Central Qld, who knows Omarks
Mike Blacker

sixmill

#2 Postby sixmill » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 am

G,day Mike,
Since no one else will answer I will have a go. Your idea is a good way to learn the sport without a lot of dollars, plenty are starting that way, just remember if it is a budget rifle keep it that way, & if you get the itch you'll be able to build a custom rifle later ,while still shooting this one while your waiting. As for scopes, either buy a good value for money scope that can be sold with the omark later, or splash out & buy the best you can afford straight up & keep it forever. Remember a tapered base also for the longer ranges.
The nearest gunsmith any good would be pine rivers in Brissy

Cheers,
6mm

p.s
you WILL get hooked

Mike Blacker

#3 Postby Mike Blacker » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Thanks for your help 6mm. Much appreciated
Mike Blacker

sixmill

#4 Postby sixmill » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:38 pm

No worries Mike,
Have a look at the ausvarminters forums under the topic of "1000yd lg on a budget" by A.jr Some good info there. may be able to post link if you cant find it

http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=434

there you go, found it

shooter magavin

#5 Postby shooter magavin » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:04 am

in rockhampton there is a fellow by the name of stewart gavin. he makes and fits picitini rails and does all general rifle accurising.
If it was an eye for an eye everybody would be blind.

sixmill

#6 Postby sixmill » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:44 pm

in rockhampton there is a fellow by the name of stewart gavin. he makes and fits picitini rails and does all general rifle accurising

Have you got contact details SHOOTER?
Also wondering if any one up there does blueing?

6mm

jointa

F class virgin

#7 Postby jointa » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:29 pm

Mi Mike
I too am looking at getting into F Class but its not easy to find anywhere to shoot in Qld apart from the Belmont complex south of Brisbane - it does not seem to be very F class friendly. Any info you get could you pass it on if possible

Many thanks
Mike

stevemc

#8 Postby stevemc » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:52 pm

sixmill wrote:
in rockhampton there is a fellow by the name of stewart gavin. he makes and fits picitini rails and does all general rifle accurising

Have you got contact details SHOOTER?
Also wondering if any one up there does blueing?

6mm

id also like his or any other contacts to get a base for my omark,does it need to be tappered?

Return to “General Forum”