Tassie Not Looking Good

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Re: Tassie Not Looking Good

#16 Postby scott/r » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:37 am

Some good news this morning. I've just read on Firearm Owners United Facebook page that after all the emails and responses from people all over Australia, the powers that be in Tasmania have removed the proposal from the table. Now, it is Facebook, so don't quote me on this, but hopefully it's got some backbone to the story.

Cliff Austen

#17 Postby Cliff Austen » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:31 pm

We need to see an official comment from the TRA. Cheers Cliff

Longranger

#18 Postby Longranger » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:58 am

Cliff Austen wrote:We need to see an official comment from the TRA. Cheers Cliff

Crickets....?

Nathan P

#19 Postby Nathan P » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:53 am

Good news regarding this issue

After many emails to Tas firearms services and the minister for police by many people around tassie and the rest of the country an email was sent out stating that the draft proposal to impose these stupid new laws has been withdrawn.

So for now there is no issue to worry about so for those people thinking about coming down for the tassie queens next year DONT cancel your travel plans just yet

Nathan P

#20 Postby Nathan P » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:57 am

Cliff Austen wrote:We need to see an official comment from the TRA. Cheers Cliff

I only just saw this after writing my last comment

M a member of the TRA council and I can defiantly confirm this as being true I'll try and copy and past the email I received for the police

Return to “General Forum”