NNRA - Grading System Updates

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Gerard

NNRA - Grading System Updates

#1 Postby Gerard » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:23 am

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know when/if the NNRA Grading system will be updated with the QRA Queens results?

cheers,
G.

AlanF

Re: NNRA - Grading System Updates

#2 Postby AlanF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:58 am

Gerard,

I read somewhere that only the aggs will be put into the NRAA system, so it will happen, not sure when.

BTW the ozfclass.com rankings are up to date (see http://www.ozfclass.com/rankings/default.html).

Alan

John S

#3 Postby John S » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:08 am

I noticed this morning that the Qld Duncan plus Queens aggregate scores have made it into the grading system.

The new grading average has also been calculated.

Some of the competitors in B grade std have received a promotion as a reward for a great shoot.

The Standard Shooting Rules, chapter 12 provides how grading is calculated if the competitor has no or insufficient open prize meeting events. I noticed the QRA did spell that out on their website prior to the event. For a new comer to an OPM club grading carried out correctly is very important...

Cheers

John S

Gerard

#4 Postby Gerard » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks guys, mine has just been updated now and I see I'm still a lowly C Grader for the time being (TR).
Much learning yet to do :)

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:31 am

John,

Did they previously have a listed NRAA grading or was their grading a local one?

In any case, the SSRs have holes that you can drive a truck through & a certain petulance to them. I'm surprised that they persist with the demand that data can only be entered by using their proprietary program. While I could understand that they would be reluctant to give their source code to ET suppliers for example, it seems wondrously logical to offer a flat file option that ET promoters could use simply & regional clubs reluctant to pi** their phone or dongle bandwidth against a wall could use instead when they're in a less aggressive networking environment.

Speaking from my personal knowledge, why would a major event promoter using the Hexta system employ a statistician to enter every scorecard shot by shot, when the same information is already available to download & only exceptions (?errors) need to be confirmed from scorecards? I love the idea of getting it wrong two ways.

Heck, when I was QRA FS grading officer, I compiled results from some events from photos taken of the result boards, such was the level of technology used at some PMs. We aren't all software gurus & it's an affront to require, as the rules do that State Associations to assist promoters with the NRAA system, which without too much effort in understanding, requires them to provide software support at all & any event(s).

As far as a performance judgement of competitors who haven't entered an event prior, they're more likely told that "Bill always beats you & he's an also ran FSA, so enter FSB", than have their club consult the SSRs & actually refer to it themselves. From a promoter's perspective, they are unlikely to check every grading claim & the NRAA system isn't going to give any assistance if the data is entered retrospectively.

Rant off.

John

PS: From where I stood, Belmont was about as benign as you'll get during the Queens, but only because it was a week early & before the usual Westerlies. Otherwise, it was the usual sod of a range.

John S

#6 Postby John S » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Thanks John for your rant. Informative to say the least...

Cheers

John S

Return to “General Forum”