Passing of Bill Parow

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Passing of Bill Parow

#1 Postby AlanF » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:36 pm

VRA wrote:Please note that past Euroa and ECDRA member Bill Parow passed away this week aged 96. He was one of the first F Class shooters and very successful at all levels. Bill was very keen and in recent 8 to 10 years has focused on pistol shooting. As a commercial airline pilot he was meticulous in everything he did including shooting. A gentleman a great bloke and club member. A fantastic quality of life to be so active and able into his 90's. Sadly missed by all who knew him.

Bill won the VRA F Standard Queens in 2004 & 2005, a great achievement.
I know many of you would have known Bill and will be sad to hear this news.

I met Bill a few times in 2005-2006. An exceptional character. He won F-Std at the VRA Queens in 2005 at aged 85, not bad going. I believe he is the only F-Class shooter to make the front cover of the ATR (see Issue 56). It must have been a mistake because it hasn't happened again :D . But that's no criticism of Bill - he deserved to be there.

RAVEN

Re: Passing of Bill Parow

#2 Postby RAVEN » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:23 pm

Sad News Alan :(
I think I met Bill at my first Vic Queens in 2006
RB

Sam Walker

Re: Passing of Bill Parow

#3 Postby Sam Walker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:04 pm

RIP Bill. We never met but spoke on the phone when I bought some barrels from him when I lived in the NT.
Sam

Return to “General Forum”