NFA Review

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

NFA Review

#1 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:56 am

Hi , I've started a new thread as this issue is getting on 18 months long.
It despicable how the Greens and GCA can get away with spreading lies and using victims of gun crime ,all committed with illegal weapons and unlicensed, to push their agenda .

It looks like we will have to wait till next year in April to find out again. The media are now latching onto the 5 shot Adler as the next battle ground .

Like to point out the less than 1% of violent crime is committed by licensed shooters ! ( Australian institute of criminology).

Below is a link to the latest !
https://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/poli ... gislators/

plumbs7

Re: NFA Review

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:49 am

Last edited by plumbs7 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbs7

#3 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:06 pm

:-#
Last edited by plumbs7 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbs7

#4 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Hangfire

#5 Postby Hangfire » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 am

So where will the re-categorizing of the Adler put all those who own Winchester 1887 Lever Actions and the various copies by IAC and Chippa stand?

plumbs7 wrote:I will personally say this to the antis . This movement that we are in has been around Since the 1850's for the defence of our grate nation that I love so dearly! And I possess marksmenship skills that I would give my life for to defend this nation ! ( if we were invaded again?)

Best wishes Graham Sells. Dalby/Tara RC

This shooting movement may have once in the past had an association with the defense of our country but that association has long past. I shoot completion rifle shooting because it is challenging and rewarding, not as a form of patriotic vigilantism. That type of attitude will only attract and give fuel to all the antis.

In all seriousness, any primary producer who has a need for a multi-round shotgun wouldn’t even look at an Adler, they would get a pump of semi.

plumbs7

#6 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:57 am

:shock:
Last edited by plumbs7 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbs7

#7 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:31 am

#-o
Last edited by plumbs7 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hangfire

#8 Postby Hangfire » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:02 am

plumbs7 wrote:Also like to point out that the second most lethal sniper in history was from Clermont and saved a lot of lives at Gallipoli !

Looks like you missed your calling in life, http://www.army.gov.au/Our-people/Corps/Infantry
Yeh, Billy Sing. Came back a hero and died a poor-per in a boarding house.

plumbs7

#9 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:04 am

8)
Last edited by plumbs7 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbs7

#10 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:51 am

plumbs7

#11 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Well it's been 18 months of pain and frustration! This will be my last post on the matter ! We fought the good fight ; we have ran the race that was set out before us !

We won the battles and nearly won the war but lost by 2 shotgun cartridges ! It still has to pass state parliaments which maybe another battle ground . The Nationals will be able to fit in a Tarago mini van if the Orange by election swings are continuing! There is a lot of anger in the bush and I hope LNP are listening!

This proposal to limit mffow ( lever guns) was first proposed back in 2005 . They used the Adler as a springboard to push their agenda ! At the start of the fight 18 months ago , we were going to loose the lot in Cat C or Cat D and have done well to just loose the 7 shot Adler . Just looking in the bright side .

Finally I would like to thank the support I have received in this trying time to keep sticking my neck out . It's time for me to be just quiet now !
Last edited by plumbs7 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razer

#12 Postby Razer » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Graham, I can fully appreciate your frustration, but, the Orange bi-election was not about guns or Adlers. It was about greyhound racing and forced council amalgamation.
The deputy pm Barnaby Joyce plus the NSW Nationals member Andrew Gee are in full agreement with *US* in regards to firearms so , to you, and all other people in the firearms ownership and dealership position, be careful that you do not shoot yourselves in the foot.
Negotiations before any election are crucial if you wish that your vote has some clout!

You could, by taking it out on the Liberals and Nationals end up with a Labor/Greens government. That would be the end of ALL gun ownership. It is possible as GB banned ALL handguns many years ago so nothing is impossible. One million firearm owners is definitely not an overwhelming number in State or Federal elections so we need to be rational and put things in perspective.

I exclude NIoa from responsible firearms issues as if they had used an ounce of commonsense they would have foreseen the opening that they were offering to the anti gun lobby and not spread that hyped video of what amounts to a crappy piece of work that can fire 7 shotgun rounds.
Just because someone is the relative of Bob Katter does not mean they are immune to being targeted!

Level heads are needed, plus the ability to stick to facts as misinformation has been used by both the for and against factions.
Regards.
Ray.

ShaneG

#13 Postby ShaneG » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:31 pm

The other possible outcome now - instead of sticking our heads in the sand and hoping for the best by continuing to vote for useless backstabbers! Is we band together a strong SFF party , Katter party and One Nation!
Instead of the bloody greens holding balance of power ,!!
WE CAN !!!
Let's go for it and finally stand up for some realistic government.
Apathy equals loss of our recreation.
Don't agree? Better go buy some golf clubs quickly?,

jasmay

#14 Postby jasmay » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:48 pm

I couldn't agree more with Razers comments about the Adler and NIOA.

A fairly serious Piece of sh*t is the Adler, such a shame!!

plumbs7

#15 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:58 am

From Tim Nichols LNP Qld opposition leader . Please have your say as te LNP are listening!

Labor is ignoring licensed firearm owners.

Dear Graham

In typical Labor style, ideology and preference deals with inner city greenies has dictated their position on the re-classification of the Adler shotgun.

The LNP supports proper consultation with licensed shooters and primary producers to understand the need and practical use for the Adler, which should determine its classification.

We’ll have a look at it and we’ll act in the best interests of Queenslanders, we don’t take our riding instructions from Canberra.

That’s why proper consultation is so important and unlike Labor, we respect the rights of the 190,000 licensed firearm owners in Queensland.

The Palaszczuk Labor Government should be focusing their attention on criminality and non-compliance rather than law abiding firearm owners who do the right thing.

At the same time Labor are treating licensed firearm owners as criminals, they have just significantly watered down strong laws and strong penalties for criminal gangs who peddle drugs to our kids and trade in illegal weapons, money and extortion.

That’s not what Annastacia Palaszczuk promised at the last election. She is treating Queenslanders like mugs.

As Labor won't consult with licensed firearm owners, we will. Have your say on the re-classification of the Adler shotgun and sign the petition at the link below.

Graham, Tell Us What You Think.
Make no mistake about it, your rights to consultation as a law abiding firearm owner are at risk whenever Labor is in power.

Regards

Tim Nicholls MP
Leader of the Opposition

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Authorised by Nicholls. 41 George Street, Brisbane Qld 4000.

You have received this email because you had reason to provide your contact details to the Queensland Parliament or the Office of Tim Nicholls MP in the past and this email may contain potentially relevant news and information. If you wish to unsubscribe from future mailings of this newsletter, please click the unsubscribe link below.

Our mailing address is:
PO Box 15057
City East Qld 4002

Phone: 07 3838 6767
Email: reception@opposition.qld.gov.au

update your preferences unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Return to “General Forum”