2017 FCWC - THANKS to Rutland Cup Teams SPONSORS

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

Re: 2017 FCWC - THANKS to Rutland Cup Teams SPONSORS

#16 Postby RAVEN » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:34 am

Ok I understand thanx for that info John
Some of the Rutland Cup Team my like to chime in on this.
The way I see it is that there are teams that represent countries/usa states and mixed teams so as you have stated because its somewhat open to anyone it probably doesn't fit into the ComGov criteria.
Maybe NRAA could put it out there the requirements to have AUS Team Status.

RB

ajvanwyk

#17 Postby ajvanwyk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:09 am

You could only consider National Status for a group or individual where the selection of that group or person was conducted under the selection processes and procedures defined by a governing body.

In short, at this stage, any person or group can join a Rutland team without requirement or permission by our or any other governing body. I can form a "Albert Team" if I so wished and compete on the world stage. I wouldn't think that my band of brothers and I should be given National status just because we decided to go and compete at an international event.

Now if the NRAA however decide (and I think this is what some are getting at) run a national selection process for a 4 man team under the same or similar procedures of those defined for the other squads, then yes, there is merit in recognising a Rutland team as an Australian representative team with all due recognition.

Looking at some of the international big names in some of the Rutland teams, there is most certainly a place for that approach here in Australia too but it would have to be on a selection basis only.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

RAVEN

#18 Postby RAVEN » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 am

Agree

GSells

#19 Postby GSells » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Hopefully some lessons learnt that can be taken into account for next time . Congratulations on the f Open Rutland cup team for pulling it together and some only shooting in open for a few months and did us proud !

But yes it was a shame that we had so many in the Development squad but very few in open or none made it to the Rutland cup .
But I'm sure next time we maybe better prepared and who knows? Maybe gold in the Rutland and 8 man team !!!
Again well done to all !

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:27 pm

The FCWC is our equivalent of the Olympics, and the main events are indisputably the Individuals and the 8 Shooter National Teams events.The Rutland Cup has become very competitive, but it isn't a true international competition because it allows teams of mixed nationalities. It would be up to ICFRA to change its status, not the NRAA.

jasmay

#21 Postby jasmay » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:32 pm

AlanF wrote:The FCWC is our equivalent of the Olympics, and the main events are indisputably the Individuals and the 8 Shooter National Teams events.The Rutland Cup has become very competitive, but it isn't a true international competition because it allows teams of mixed nationalities. It would be up to ICFRA to change its status, not the NRAA.

Someone mentioned to me over the last couple of days that the Rutland team match would be given full world status by icfra, apparently it was talked about at the meeting. Can anyone confirm?

AlanF

#22 Postby AlanF » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:01 am

jasmay wrote:Someone mentioned to me over the last couple of days that the Rutland team match would be given full world status by icfra, apparently it was talked about at the meeting. Can anyone confirm?

I'd suggest they leave the Rutland Cup as is, to cater for the large number of host country shooters, then create another competition run concurrently for national 4 shooter teams.

jasmay

#23 Postby jasmay » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 pm

AlanF wrote:
jasmay wrote:Someone mentioned to me over the last couple of days that the Rutland team match would be given full world status by icfra, apparently it was talked about at the meeting. Can anyone confirm?

I'd suggest they leave the Rutland Cup as is, to cater for the large number of host country shooters, then create another competition run concurrently for national 4 shooter teams.

17 countries I think was the number that attended the worlds, yet only 7 could field an 8 man team.

Craig McGowan

#24 Postby Craig McGowan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:00 pm

It is all a mute point for 2021 anyway. Proposal was table during the ICFRA meeting to have the Rutland Matches a World Championship 4 man / person event. This to me made perfect sense. Australia can win both 4 and 8 member teams events. Gold for everyone.

AlanF

#25 Postby AlanF » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Craig McGowan wrote:It is all a mute point for 2021 anyway. Proposal was table during the ICFRA meeting to have the Rutland Matches a World Championship 4 man / person event. This to me made perfect sense. Australia can win both 4 and 8 member teams events. Gold for everyone.

Are you saying it was carried?

Craig McGowan

#26 Postby Craig McGowan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:53 pm

No Just tabled. What happens Alan is that it is tabled. Then there is discussion and debate over it, then a vote is conducted in 18 months. My opinion is that it will "get up" at the next meeting. America and U.K. were behind it. I am not sure about the NRAA, as I was only in attendance as an observer on on behalf of the NRAA.

Personally it has merit, and allows more to participate in the sport at the top level.

AlanF

#27 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm

Thanks Craig.

If the proposal is to give the Rutland full FCWC status without any modifications to the eligibility then I believe it would be the beginning of the end for national teams. It would almost certainly lead to a situation where some national teams would not have their best coaches and shooters, because some will have been induced to join wealthy corporate teams. And the obvious next step would be to treat the 8 shooter team event the same way, and allow mixed nationality and corporate teams there also. How would we feel if Australia ran second in a FCWC event to a corporate team being coached by Australians?

I'm not against having a 4 shooter team event with full FCWC status, but it would need similar eligibility conditions to the current 8 shooter teams i.e. one team per nation, and not competing directly against corporate/mixed teams.

jasmay

#28 Postby jasmay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:36 am

AlanF wrote:Thanks Craig.

If the proposal is to give the Rutland full FCWC status without any modifications to the eligibility then I believe it would be the beginning of the end for national teams. It would almost certainly lead to a situation where some national teams would not have their best coaches and shooters, because some will have been induced to join wealthy corporate teams. And the obvious next step would be to treat the 8 shooter team event the same way, and allow mixed nationality and corporate teams there also. How would we feel if Australia ran second in a FCWC event to a corporate team being coached by Australians?

I'm not against having a 4 shooter team event with full FCWC status, but it would need similar eligibility conditions to the current 8 shooter teams i.e. one team per nation, and not competing directly against corporate/mixed teams.

Makes good sense Alan, its a bit of a tough one on one hand we are seeing strong growth in the 4 man event, yet if we elevated it, it could undermine the integrity and meaning of the overall sport.

How to we get growth in the 8 man event is a key question.

Also, Perhaps we will see a drop in the number of rutland teams, a lot were from the USA, you may well find as the next one is on another continent a lot don't attend.

AlanF

#29 Postby AlanF » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:38 am

jasmay wrote:How to we get growth in the 8 man event is a key question.

I think it needs to be promoted at every opportunity as the pinnacle of team shooting - there is no doubt that two wind coaches working together makes for a spine tingling team "machine". It has been the "blue riband" event up till now, and deserves to remain so. Understandably the US will concentrate their considerable media power on those events where they succeed, but we should do the same, and resist efforts to tip the playing field in their favour.

Betta

#30 Postby Betta » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Going back to my original post, I would like to thank OZFCLASS for the recent and very generous donation to the F/TR and F Open Rutland teams. Thanks Alan, greatly appreciated :D

Regards
Betta

Return to “General Forum”