Central Sight Base

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

leadlauncher

Central Sight Base

#1 Postby leadlauncher » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:18 pm

G,day All. Problem. Bought an Omark 44. ( Thats not the problem) Had a scope on it. Want to fit the original Central sight for 7.62 which i have. When fitted the vertical arm is canted to the left. Fairly obvious when I sit another base I have on the machined flat on top of the receiver, and compare the angle. I have 2 x bases. I cant see any problem with the way they mount to the left side of the receiver.Clears the wood etc. Both bases have a "C" stamped on the end. Maybe for Enfield and not Omark is all I can think of. Any help appreciated. Cheers. (I have a photo. Tried to put here but it wont) Cheers again.

MR.Sako

Re: Central Sight Base

#2 Postby MR.Sako » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:45 pm

Your sight block should look like this. to get it level make sure the rifle itself is level and clamped down then fit your rear sight and loosen off the mounting screws slightly and wind the grub screw the arrow is pointing at inwards until the sight is level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

leadlauncher

#3 Postby leadlauncher » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you Mr. Sako. Problem solved. Cheers.

lonerider43

#4 Postby lonerider43 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:51 pm

that flat spot on the top of the action [omark] is a dead level.
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

6.5x55ai

#5 Postby 6.5x55ai » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:37 am

Don't forget to then level your foresight to your rear sight. For something to check the rear against the fore I used to put a 6" rule in the slot that takes the foresight element and nip up the thread ring. Obviously can't do this with the current flash foresights though.

If you have a modern tunnel with level fitted ignore my ramblings above.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”