What's the go with the nraa grading

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

What's the go with the nraa grading

#1 Postby scott/r » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 am

Just wondering what is happening in other parts of Australia with the new grading system. A few of our local opm around se queensland haven't appeared on the nraa website. Am I right in gathering that the grading for the people that shoot these prize shoots won't have their grading updated. Or are their gradings updated and we don't get to see the results for that particular shoot? Don't get me wrong, I believe that the new grading system is the go with great cut off points for each grade, but for it to work to it's full potential these opm have to be included in the results.
So, what's happening in your part of the world and how do we go about making sure that the opm shoots are included?

saum2

Re: What's the go with the nraa grading

#2 Postby saum2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:55 am

From what i understand should happen is the administrator of the PM should obtain "log in" access with password to the NRAA site. Then, scores can be uploaded during or after the event. I believe some have done it (sent data from a computer) via a Hot Spot from a phone rather than wait until they get home as other priorities take over then. The scores go straight onto the NRAA site, I think the NRAA has the software to share with access.
It would be best if they contact the NRAA or the state association. Gradings can only done if the information is sent in.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 am

Scott,

Geoff beat me to it. I think you'll need to ask the OPM organisers if they have attempted to put the results into the NRAA system. If they haven't then shooters such as yourself will need to put pressure on them to do so. If they don't know where to start, best to get them to contact the NRAA who will provide instructions on how to access the system via the internet.

Alan

John S

#4 Postby John S » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:36 pm

The new NRAA grading system is fairly straight forward system to use, particularly if the operator has had some computer experience. I assisted Spencer Dunstall from the Ungarie Club to enter both the Riverina DRA OPM and Ungarie OPM, without any experience with the system.

Bob Pedersen, NRAA Director has organised a training program for State/Territory representative in late October. It is expected attendees will act in a support and training role within their area to promote the new system.

Yes it is expected that all OPM organisers come on board and use the grading program. Simply put no scores no grading...

Cheers

John S

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”