new carbon stocked Barnard finished

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

Plasmaboy_au

new carbon stocked Barnard finished

#1 Postby Plasmaboy_au » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Just finished building a carbon stock for my new Barnard in 284 Win. Stock is 1 kilo, bipod is 650 grams. March scope, action and Krieger barrel thanks to the excellent work of Mat Peroz. Total weight is 8.55 kilos, will need to load 1.4 kilos of lead into the lower bag running tube.
Stock.jpg

Stock Bipod.jpg

complete.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew Smith

Tim N

Re: new carbon stocked Barnard finished

#2 Postby Tim N » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:00 pm

Looks good
Be interested to see how it goes
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

superx10

#3 Postby superx10 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:00 am

Any feed back on how it shoots, I ca see FTR rifle built like that, wow.

Daveh

#4 Postby Daveh » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:49 pm

Great to see someone thinking outside the box. A lighter barrel would make it a contender for FTR..
Good on you..
Dave

Plasmaboy_au

#5 Postby Plasmaboy_au » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:51 am

superx10 wrote:Any feed back on how it shoots, I ca see FTR rifle built like that, wow.

Hi, It shot well but the super light weight was a bit too light for the 7mm truck axle barrel so there was some spring on recoil. The stock would be perfect for full bore or probably Ftr/ FS. I made up another stock with a bigger carbon tube and added an internal U channel for extra stiffness. New stock came in at 2kg and is super stiff and tracks perfectly on recoil with no jump at all
New v Old.jpg

New.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew Smith

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”