DTA SRS for F Class

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

Seddo

DTA SRS for F Class

#1 Postby Seddo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 pm

nnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Last edited by Seddo on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

OuttaAmmo

#2 Postby OuttaAmmo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I've seen one of these in 6.5x47 used in Darwin for open. They shoot well enough, and in the end that's what matters.

TOM

#3 Postby TOM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Refer to SSR's, rule 3.1.1

Your better suited to a tactical arms competition or something like that Seddo and I couldn't take any F class shooter or club seriously if they entertained your weekend warrior lifestyle. Your ideals are far removed from what the NRAA and F class is all about, if this sort of gear is what the future of this great sport looks like I'll happily leave you to it. I only hope your part of a minority group.

Aubrey

#4 Postby Aubrey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm

TOM wrote:Refer to SSR's, rule 3.1.1

3.1.1: Rifles:- Any bolt action, which, in the opinion of the NRAA is of conventional design and subject to the following conditions:-
3.1.1.1 Rifles chambered for use with the unmodified 7.62mm NATO [or .308 W] or the 5.56mm x 45 NATO, or .223 Rem, cartridges are approved for all open competitions.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

Aubrey

#5 Postby Aubrey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm

TOM wrote:Your ideals are far removed from what the NRAA and F class is all about, ... I only hope your part of a minority group.

Care to justify these utterances?
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney

TOM

#6 Postby TOM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:30 pm

3.1.1.1 has no relevance Aubrey, It can however cause confusion.

Aubrey

#7 Postby Aubrey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:36 pm

TOM wrote:3.1.1.1 has no relevance Aubrey, It can however cause confusion.

What exactly is your point?
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney

TOM

#8 Postby TOM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Refer 3.1.1

I dont need to justify this Aubrey, the rule says conventional. The above pictured is not.

Aubrey

#9 Postby Aubrey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 pm

TOM wrote:

I dont need to justify this Aubrey

I was referring to the insults you fired at Seddo. Way out of line.

Re 3.1.1 - your one-eyed interpretation only - bring a NRAA ruling or definition.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney

Sam Walker

#10 Postby Sam Walker » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Sad to see such an attitude as TOM's, while the rifle pictured doesn't appeal to me I don't see any GOOD reason why someone should not be welcome to shoot it in an F Class event.

All the BS about image and appearance is only encouraging the anti gun movement ! Don't support them please. When all the other guns are banned, and the anti's set their sights on single shot target rifles, there will be no other shooters left to support you.....
Sam

Seddo

#11 Postby Seddo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Tom,

I dont know where you are coming from with the refernce to the rules. Its a bolt action rifle, nothing unconventional there. If you are refering to the bullpup design its been around since the 50's so again nothing new. The locking lugs are located in the barrel, same as the omark so nothing new. The barrels can be taken out of the owner, again nothing new. You can buy it with 4 different bolt face sizes, nothing new.

Your comments about my weekend warrier lifestyle makes me laugh so no offence taken, i shoot rifles because i love shooting. It doenst matter if i am shooting pistols or rifles as long as i am shooting. As for not takign F Class seriously you are probabily right, i have no wish or motivation to compete in queens or prize meetings. I stopped competitive pistol shooting after my kids were born, 2005 was the last comp i entered with motivation and it was the IPSC World Shoot in Ecuador and i was on the Australian Team.

As there is nothing unconventional about the rifle i take it your comments are made on what its tactical look which is just PC bu11sh1t. No one even thinks twice when they see a SMLE or M98 (could be considered the best military/tactical rifles of all time) or a Remington 700 that is still in service as a sniper rifle in the USA. The 2 calibres we use for TR & F Class were chosen as they were military calibres so you cant say ther isnt a military connection with f class. The DTA has been designed around the German sniper rifle (DSR1) and is aimed at military and law enforcement but that doesnt mean it cant be used for other purposes.

The reason i chose to buy the rifle was due to the ability to switch between barrels with a repeatable zero, thats it. If they sold it without rails on the sides it would be fine with me as i will never use them.

What do you think about the Barnard with pistol grip and adjustable butt? Its no different other than it was built by a company who build target actions.

Life would be pretty boring if we all shot the same rifle,
----------------------

Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

TOM

#12 Postby TOM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Just before you blokes head off to the range next time look up the word "conventional", note it's meaning and keep it in mind while you look at all the gear on the mound, then look at your DTA or whatever. You can then be the judge.

Aubrey

#13 Postby Aubrey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 pm

TOM wrote:You can then be the judge.

What I do know is that you represent exactly the crap attitude and lack of insight that will sink our sport if more of you flat-earthers are around or get any airtime. Thankfully you are in the minority.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney

Seddo

#14 Postby Seddo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:27 pm

When i go to my range you go from seeing SMLE's to laminated stock rifles to actions that are screwed onto a block of 1x2 alloy with a grip and butt. Whats the norm there? To me, and correct me if i'm wrong, it says they are all shooting bolt action centerfire rifles. Guess what??? my rifle is too!!!

I dont care if you like it but until there is something in the rules that says i cant shoot a bolt action centerfire rifle i will continue to do so. If you dont believe me its a bolt action centerfire i can show you the registration papers??

How did F Class happen? i'm guessing a few people wanted to use scopes, not very conventional when everyone else is using open sights, Then i guess a few people wanted to be different calibres and now we have F Open. Correct me if i wrong but it looks like progress to me. Open sights to scopes and then to modern calibres. I take it you dont like scopes either??
----------------------

Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

bruce moulds

#15 Postby bruce moulds » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 pm

form is to function as function is to form.
the form af that rifle suggests a certain function.
the modern fclass rifle has a different form for a different function.
while that rifle can be physically shot in an fclass event, it is not what someone wanting to go to the top would use.
reasons for this include the excessive use of picatinny for anything but military or police usage, to add such things as laser sights and torches for close range rapid use.
a rifle with this ammount of picatinny would be more suited in semi/full auto.
it is probably on this rifle to appeal to the military minded and is of little or no benefit on a target rifle.
the shooting sports which last longest will be the least related to killing.
those with the greatest approval to the public have become so through disassociation with killing people.
worrying about appearance does not encourage the anti gun movement.
not worryig about appearance will give the anti gun movement tools to finish us all.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”